MPGH Coding Contest!

Posts 16–30 of 62 · Page 2 of 5
=D

0 - 100 Choob
100 - 200 Decent
200 - 300 Ok
300 - 400 Can Code
400 - 500 Good coder
500+ - True Coder

Dont worry, this shouldn't be too hard xD
Damn.... *anxiety...*
~
Dun worry scores will be not be shared except for the winner or unless you want me to
Idk if it will be fair for me to join. I mean though Im new to C++, Im not really new to programming. 2 years of Java classes may be a bit of an advantage... =/

However if David or HD Joins I'll join. When does the contest begin. Who knows perhaps maybe we can start doing little competitions, for prizes like VIP. Hmmm... I'll think about this.

I've got other stuff to do, but too, but this only takes about 5 seconds, so wth... count me in.

@HD: I think that's cheating. =P
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Idk if it will be fair for me to join. I mean though Im new to C++, Im not really new to programming. 2 years of Java classes may be a bit of an advantage... =/

However if David or HD Joins I'll join. When does the contest begin. Who knows perhaps maybe we can start doing little competitions, for prizes like VIP. Hmmm... I'll think about this.

I've got other stuff to do, but too, but this only takes about 5 seconds, so wth... count me in.

@HD: I think that's cheating. =P
Nope, I already submitted mine btw, so hurry up why! You're behind on schedule :P

*/me hopes his email gets published here ;P*
The contest starts right about.....NOW. David's joining in a little later but come join! IDK if there's a prize but I don't have anything o.o
Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
IDK if there's a prize but I don't have anything o.o
Yeh ofcourse, I was just thinking perhaps in the future we could do something like that, like the hacking sections sometimes have competitions for VIP...
Congratulations your final score is 70 =D.

That would be a good idea why06 it would encourage coders.
he failed...
~
hes currently first!
Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
hes currently first!
Not for long. Sending you mine now.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Not for long. Sending you mine now.
Did you do number 5 ?
I was thinking of a way to do it but it will take a long time for the program to complete the maze.

Try all the different combos and determine the best way.
Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Did you do number 5 ?
I was thinking of a way to do it but it will take a long time for the program to complete the maze.

Try all the different combos and determine the best way.
I only did number one. Im only planning on submitting one a day. Could rush, but I'm not doing this to win.

Hmmm.. though I haven't looked at the maze one yet. let me see if I can give you a hint. brb.

EDIT: Okay seems like you can shorten ur time significantly by only search for "."'s because those are the only open paths. the rest of the symbols do not matter. You will want to collect all the possible paths without gettin any redundancies. Then its just a matter of the algorithm you will use to filter the results:
bubbles sort is slow for large numbers of things. Look up the quick sort. that or you can use a more clever approach since after all the shortest path is simply the path with the smallest length.
this sounds fun but i wouldn't be able to finish due to all the stuff that im doing now + school tomorrow
Nice idea - let's see how Why does
Posts 16–30 of 62 · Page 2 of 5
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us