Notifier Plugin for K-Relay

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Notifier Plugin for K-Relay
Before I say anything else, I'm aware that there's already a plugin called Event Notifier. I'm essentially asking for a plugin like it that offers a slightly more robust approach (or if that plugin supports my suggestion, then that works too). I'm also not a very technically-minded person so you'd have to bear with me if I say something dumb.

It would be nice to have a plugin that can intercept a game message (e.g. from Oryx), parse it for keywords (which are specified via configuration), and then perform some action like playing a sound to desktop (which Event Notifier does), or push a message in guild chat or even whisper. That way there wouldn't be a need to update as all you would need is to change the configuration to accommodate for new events. Each "keyword set" would be associated with one set of actions (instead of playing one sound or doing one set of actions for any event, which is fairly indiscriminate).

Ideally, if a message is sent to guild chat, it should have support for placeholders, like the realm name.

To give an example of the goal I have in mind, it would go like this:
Say I've got some mule with K-Relay and this hypothetical plugin sitting in the realm. If it detects either the string (from the game itself, not a player) "No! You too will embrace the realm of eternal ice!" OR the string "Futile! The endless winter will soon be upon us all!", then it will send the input "/g %s %r Permafrost Lord". And all of the above should be able to be specified via configuration to allow for versatility. (Perhaps it can find some use beyond that of being an event notifier.)
in the coming release of crazyclient that's posted but just needs to be approved has what you're describing, all messages that are said for the first time when a new event spawns has a .new and a monster so like, Cube_God.new is all i'd have to check for for all the cube messages, I parsed through all the ".new" ones and makes a sound effect when it's seen as well as a parsed the name of the event shown to over head.

so i've basically achieved all the functionality, but why would you want to automate sending a message through guild chat?

If your goal is just to sit mules that are in your guild in other realms you'd be much better off going the client-less approach so you can sit in every realm you want without a performance impact.
Agree with will, pushing to guild chat would just expose you as a cheater pretty quickly
I'm in a guild that doesn't care about who cheats and who doesn't though.
Quote Originally Posted by ablgrbr View Post
I'm in a guild that doesn't care about who cheats and who doesn't though.
still, don't see much point. It's not hard to take a second and call it out
I find it annoying to frequently alt+tab through my mules to see what's going on in each realm, typing "/server" to remember who was in which realm, and then having to type it out. It doesn't take me long at all and it is easy to do, sure, but it's more that I want to automate the process. However, it could also just be that I'm suggesting an inefficient approach to the goal I want to get (essentially create an in-guild notifier using mules).

And I know it seems strange that I'm not using a clientless approach for my mules, but that's because I actually need to use/play on my mules from time to time.
Quote Originally Posted by ablgrbr View Post
I find it annoying to frequently alt+tab through my mules to see what's going on in each realm, typing "/server" to remember who was in which realm, and then having to type it out. It doesn't take me long at all and it is easy to do, sure, but it's more that I want to automate the process. However, it could also just be that I'm suggesting an inefficient approach to the goal I want to get (essentially create an in-guild notifier using mules).

And I know it seems strange that I'm not using a clientless approach for my mules, but that's because I actually need to use/play on my mules from time to time.
why not use that k relay plugin where it has an in game notifier? made by juix i think. this would do exactly what you want
Dont use named mule to check events. I set mules in 2 servers to check events, and Deca banned me in a week.
Now i check 8 servers, and for 1-2 month i didnt get a single ban, cause all mules are nameless.
If you want to send messages to guild chat, you can create one mule with name.
I'd help you with it, but admins thinking, that skype is the best way to communicate.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us