Learn how to code C++ || Day 1 - Compiler
Let's hope this will pass Why06's close scrutiny :]
I will be making a day by day tutorial teaching you C++. Starting with a compiler. I will try my best to do one tutorial per day but cannot promise anything due to RL requirements. I aim to be accurate, detailed and explain things to the best of my ability.
I will be happy to answer all questions, no matter how stupid they seem. If you do know C++ feel free to come and answer questions and such.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Lesson #1 - Choosing a compiler
For these tutorials i will be using a compiler called Code::Blocks. Although DevC++ is probably the most user friendly compiler it is now outdated and gives many frustrating errors even with correct code.
You can download Code::Blocks from here:
Code::Blocks Download #1ⓘ
If that doesn't work then go hereⓘ and select the bottom option called
codeblocks-8.02mingw-setup.exe - 28 Feb 2008 - 19.3 MB
Then follow this video to install Code::Blocks.
Now you have Code::Blocks installed! To start a new project go to
File >> New >> Empty File or Ctrl + Shift + N
It should look like this:

Credits:
Romanzeyde - The youtube video
P0SEID0N - Everything else :]

