QuestionThe Legacy situation.

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
The Legacy situation.
I originally wanted to post this in the Dead by Daylight Steam discussions. Unfortunately, everyone just bitches there and it's more of just a shitposting nightmare.

So, the whole Legacy situation on Dead by Daylight. From what I'm currently aware of. Anyone who played the game and had prestiged a character before November 26th, 2016 was freely able to obtain the Legacy clothing for their certain survivor. And, obviously. It's been a while since 1.4.0 was released. So, A LOT of things were changed when time passed on.

Unfortunately, I believe the loss-of-progress bug was still in effect at this time. So, anyone who legitimately obtained Legacy by playing the game and experienced this bug. It was a big loss for them.

Since I've covered all of that, here's what I wanted to ask.

Why does owning Legacy and wearing it feel like more of a risk than a reward ? I know it may seem odd of me to ask this. But, I'm legitimately curious. It just seems that the developers don't seem to care whether you got it legit or hacked it. They'll just ban you without hesitation. And, if that's the way they're going to act. Then, I guess they're allowed to act that way.

Please feel free to discuss your thoughts.
It's incredible how I actually feel the same about it. What if I had legacy but then I get the loss of progress and want to have it again? Devs surely are not going to do anything about it, they will 100% not give it back to you even if you ask them.. how could they? So the only way is to modify your save manually even if it makes you take the risk to get a ban. It's really unfair, especially if you actually get banned for it.
And also I have some friends who got banned for wearing the *legit* legacy, just because they had the private profile I suppose
Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
It's incredible how I actually feel the same about it. What if I had legacy but then I get the loss of progress and want to have it again? Devs surely are not going to do anything about it, they will 100% not give it back to you even if you ask them.. how could they? So the only way is to modify your save manually even if it makes you take the risk to get a ban. It's really unfair, especially if you actually get banned for it.
And also I have some friends who got banned for wearing the *legit* legacy, just because they had the private profile I suppose
Yes! This is exactly what I mean.

Who knew owning a cool cosmetic such as this could be the riskiest thing on Earth ?

It's like it's not even normal to see it anymore. Oh, you own Legacy ? You probably hacked it for yourself just so you could wear it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leemike1337 View Post
If you hack a game to get something, regardless of whether or not you previously had it, runs the risk of getting banned.

It's the Noob3 fiasco all over again. Get banned for hacking? Tough. Devs won't re-give out cosmetics? Tough.
I'm not saying that hacking doesn't run the risk of getting banned. But, it's like owning and wearing Legacy isn't even common anymore. Anyone who can see you with it will either think you hacked it or try to make you say that you hacked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdania View Post
Developers are difficult to understand. They work in a not logical way.

They banning people with hacked legacy with premeditated, but people using sppedhack or wallhack are not banned. (I have my list of "hard hackers" and for 20 cases only one has finally been banned - with two months delay)

My friends (those who have been banned) have contacted the DBD moderators many times and I will say just that - they are terrible madness. I have the impression that the mental state of these people is disturbed (I am not saying this to offend one of the moderators, these are my observations from conversations).

I have never come across such a hopeless support team. Really. They treat us like some dangerous criminals, which is simply an exaggeration. Especially since most LEGALLY get legacy, but lost them from the developers' FAULT.
This is one of the reasons why I'm just afraid to use my LEGAL legacy. Because they can ban me anyway because "suspicious". WTF.

I will say only that - if the developers dealt with fixing bugs, not banning people with legacy, this game would have a million players, not just 20k. But it seems to me that they are just slowly killing this game. They are already creating a new one - Deathgarden, so they do not care anymore.
This is also exactly what I mean.

But, it has been a while since 1.4.0. But, that still doesn't make sense that the developers won't hesitate to ban anyone with Legacy. Whether it's been legitimately obtained or not. It's just pathetic and wrong.
Quote Originally Posted by ERDGERDGRgergrgregrga View Post

This is also exactly what I mean.

But, it has been a while since 1.4.0. But, that still doesn't make sense that the developers won't hesitate to ban anyone with Legacy. Whether it's been legitimately obtained or not. It's just pathetic and wrong.
The Devs don't know what they are doing. I remember the day i got banned for no reason. I played the beta and bought the game on day 1. I grinded for 3-4 months just to get the Trapper to P3 and the Nurse afterwards.

I was playing against Morf_uk or what's he called with my Legacy Nurse. He had some global DbD mods and devs in his stream watching when he called me out "It's a Legacy Nurses, fast check his profile." guess what? 5 minutes later i got game banned. Rip 500+ hours.

Maybe it's the fact that i have bugged achievements. Not sure about it. I sent a ticket on oct 25th 2017. They replied to it after 2 days and asked for more infos. I gave them the infos they wanted and they never replied again. I tried to send some more tickets but they just ignored them. Bhvr bans for the most retarded reasons ever and they are the worst. It's almost 1 year now and i lost all hope.
If you hack a game to get something, regardless of whether or not you previously had it, runs the risk of getting banned.

It's the Noob3 fiasco all over again. Get banned for hacking? Tough. Devs won't re-give out cosmetics? Tough.
Developers are difficult to understand. They work in a not logical way.

They banning people with hacked legacy with premeditated, but people using sppedhack or wallhack are not banned. (I have my list of "hard hackers" and for 20 cases only one has finally been banned - with two months delay)

My friends (those who have been banned) have contacted the DBD moderators many times and I will say just that - they are terrible madness. I have the impression that the mental state of these people is disturbed (I am not saying this to offend one of the moderators, these are my observations from conversations).

I have never come across such a hopeless support team. Really. They treat us like some dangerous criminals, which is simply an exaggeration. Especially since most LEGALLY get legacy, but lost them from the developers' FAULT.
This is one of the reasons why I'm just afraid to use my LEGAL legacy. Because they can ban me anyway because "suspicious". WTF.

I will say only that - if the developers dealt with fixing bugs, not banning people with legacy, this game would have a million players, not just 20k. But it seems to me that they are just slowly killing this game. They are already creating a new one - Deathgarden, so they do not care anymore.
The devs simply can't give out legacy outfits back because there's no way they can tell if a person had them or not. The achievement date can surely tell a person had at least one skin of legacy though. That's pretty much it
If you have pre-cutoff prestige achievement dates you should be fine hacking in Legacy. Now if you literally unlocked the prestige achievements days or weeks before the cutoff, it'd be pretty suspect if you had all Legacy P3s. I personally have legit prestige dates from a couples months after release, and feel perfectly safe with all Legacy P3s hacked in. The original character prestige dates have to be set to "0001-01-01T00:00:00Z", Nea and Nurse some time September and November before the cut-off date.

I genuinely don't believe anyone who says they were banned for hacked legacy despite legit dates unless they're like I said and had hacked in all legacy despite it being impossible for them to have gotten all the BPs required in the time their achievement were acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by Leemike1337 View Post
It's the Noob3 fiasco all over again. Get banned for hacking? Tough. Devs won't re-give out cosmetics? Tough.
Noob3 doesn't even have legit legacy prestige achievement dates. He claimed his achievements were reset by the savefile he used, which anyone that's modded savefile back in the day knows is a lie.
Quote Originally Posted by OneCoolHombre View Post
If you have pre-cutoff prestige achievement dates you should be fine hacking in Legacy. Now if you literally unlocked the prestige achievements days or weeks before the cutoff, it'd be pretty suspect if you had all Legacy P3s.
What do you mean with cutoff? Just set ur profile private and ur fine aswell, right?
Quote Originally Posted by Kareo View Post
The Devs don't know what they are doing. I remember the day i got banned for no reason. I played the beta and bought the game on day 1. I grinded for 3-4 months just to get the Trapper to P3 and the Nurse afterwards.

I was playing against Morf_uk or what's he called with my Legacy Nurse. He had some global DbD mods and devs in his stream watching when he called me out "It's a Legacy Nurses, fast check his profile." guess what? 5 minutes later i got game banned. Rip 500+ hours.

Maybe it's the fact that i have bugged achievements. Not sure about it. I sent a ticket on oct 25th 2017. They replied to it after 2 days and asked for more infos. I gave them the infos they wanted and they never replied again. I tried to send some more tickets but they just ignored them. Bhvr bans for the most retarded reasons ever and they are the worst. It's almost 1 year now and i lost all hope.
Did u downloaded the VOD or did u made a clip of him saying that? Would be nice to see that.
And let's be 100% honest, did u really had absolutely NOTHING to do with cheating or anything similar back then (even for other games not)? Because I think you just need the right connections to solve this problem, get in contact with mods from steam forum/dbd forum and tell them the story. If they are nice, they will try everything to help you out.

Side question: was the false ban the reason u landed here to save edit all ur progress back to a new account?
Quote Originally Posted by hadoujamal View Post
Did u downloaded the VOD or did u made a clip of him saying that? Would be nice to see that.
And let's be 100% honest, did u really had absolutely NOTHING to do with cheating or anything similar back then (even for other games not)? Because I think you just need the right connections to solve this problem, get in contact with mods from steam forum/dbd forum and tell them the story. If they are nice, they will try everything to help you out.

Side question: was the false ban the reason u landed here to save edit all ur progress back to a new account?
not sure if the VOD still exist, i can check but i doubt it.

After i got banned, i just waited for some weeks but nothing happened. I bought a key on a keysite and searched for a way to edit BP and ended up here. My alt Account isn't stil banned after ~ 8 month
Quote Originally Posted by Kareo View Post
not sure if the VOD still exist, i can check but i doubt it.

After i got banned, i just waited for some weeks but nothing happened. I bought a key on a keysite and searched for a way to edit BP and ended up here. My alt Account isn't stil banned after ~ 8 month
So basically, the devs grow a cheater by their own mistake.. I wonder how many people ended up here with the same story..
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?