Need help Google Sheets functions

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Need help Google Sheets functions
Already googled for about the last 3 hours can anyone tell me how to automatically cut + move data to another column and how to add conditional formatting the the column NEXT TO where the input is placed? sorry if it doesnt make sense but here is what i'm trying to do (easier to explain with example)

i know how to do conditional formatting and copy data to another sheet automatically, but idk how to do this:

as you can see here, what i want is
Column A automatically MOVE to Column B (not copy A, i want A to be empty and then B filled with its previous data from A)
If Column B value greater than 0 = Green for Column C
If Column C less than 0 or no input, = Red for Column C


also want to learn how to do an excel sheet that is exactly like Supermetrics WITHOUT ONLINE DATABASE?

basically want i to do is have all these kind of statistics (below) for this kind of data:


if supermetrics is really hard to do then I'm willing to pay maybe up to $10-20 for you to do or teach me


You could mimic the move effect by styling the input column so text isn't visible.

afaik theres no good automatic way to perform this, with scripts you can move but not sure if it works for your needs.

Code:
function moveColumn() {
var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActive();
var sheet = ss.getSheetByName('Sheet1');
sheet .getRange('A:A').moveTo(sheet .getRange('B1'))
}
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
You could mimic the move effect by styling the input column so text isn't visible.

afaik theres no good automatic way to perform this, with scripts you can move but not sure if it works for your needs.

Code:
function moveColumn() {
var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActive();
var sheet = ss.getSheetByName('Sheet1');
sheet .getRange('A:A').moveTo(sheet .getRange('B1'))
}
i have no idea where to input that, can I im you the link and you help me out :^(
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
You could mimic the move effect by styling the input column so text isn't visible.

afaik theres no good automatic way to perform this, with scripts you can move but not sure if it works for your needs.

Code:
function moveColumn() {
var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActive();
var sheet = ss.getSheetByName('Sheet1');
sheet .getRange('A:A').moveTo(sheet .getRange('B1'))
}
modern programs show simply unrealistic results
I guess there should be a lot of tutorials online and you can always contact tech support to make it function properly
It is a pity that no one was able to help him with this easy question. I'm also very surprised that you didn't find the answer on the Internet yourself. Now a bunch of different video lessons on how to use any office assistants. I also had a question, but related to the chart in google sheets. I was supposed to have a meeting at that time, but I forgot about it at all, and I had to urgently make about 5 diagrams. Unfortunately, everyone was busy in the office and no one could even help me. I was saved then by the article https://blog.coupler.io/how-to-make-...google-sheets/ which was just what I was looking for. I've never typed as fast on a laptop as I did that day. But thanks to that day, I always remembered how to do them correctly, and I never faced such a problem as building something in google sheets.
This is what i have so far:
Code:
var sheet = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSheet();

function analyzeData() {
  var rangeData = sheet.getDataRange();
  modColumnOnCondition(rangeData);
  showChart('A1:A2');
}

function modColumnOnCondition(dataRange) {
  var skips = {};
  var data = dataRange.getValues();
  for (var i = 0; i < data.length; i++) {
    skips[i] = isNaN(data[i][0]);
    if (!skips[i]) {
      sheet
       .getRange('B' + (i + 1) + ':' + 'B' + (i + 1))
       .setBackground(data[i][0] <= 0 ? '#FF0000' : '#00FF00'); 
    }
  }  
  return skips;
}

function showChart(range) {
   var chart = sheet.newChart()
     .setChartType(Charts.ChartType.BAR)
     .addRange(sheet.getRange(range))
     .setPosition(5, 5, 0, 0)
     .build();

  sheet.insertChart(chart);
 
}

function onOpen(e) {
  var menu = SpreadsheetApp.getUi().createAddonMenu();
  menu.addItem('create Analyze Display', 'analyzeData');
  menu.addToUi();
}
Quote Originally Posted by ff78e5bbfc3a0642 View Post


i have no idea where to input that, can I im you the link and you help me out :^(
Tools -> Script Editor -> Copy + Paste
You can use VBA within google sheets?
Quote Originally Posted by cfalls View Post
You can use VBA within google sheets?
good point ^^ moved the thread.

And no, you can't. It's "Google Script". Looks like JavaScript with some own global provided Objects
I'm just trying to figure out why you need column A to move to column B? Cant you just use column A or hide column A and have column B mirror it?
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us