Competitive Settings or Ultra?

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Competitive Settings or Ultra?
Hey. I'm probably one of those guys who likes to play every game on the highest, most realistic settings possible. I really dislike playing on low... I don't know, it just makes my eyes feel... less full of candy. But, why do people, mostly competitive players, like to play in low/competitive settings? (Aside from framerate)
depends on what your computer can handle, most play on low settings with max fps
Like you said, FPS increases on low settings, which is the main reason.

In most games you can set the enviroment/map etc. details to be low, and set the model details to be medium/high, allowing you to more easily spot enemies. This is especially useful on games that aren't as colorful.
I agree most pros just play on ultra low settings with 4:3 aspect ratio either centered or stretched, but it mostly comes down to preference and your skill at the game that matters!
As both of them stated is absolutely true. At pro events like CS:GO or Rainbow Six Siege the competitive players must all use the provide gamings desktops that are at each event. They may tweak the settings to a certain extent but it’s usually even across the board. They can freely chance keybindings as much as they’d like though. Other than that. While at home you see a lot of streamers and pros completely utilized the games quality and scales to help them get the better edge over other players.
Any competitive game I play I also turn all settings to low except Models to high, Aspect ratio of 4:3 is kind of a dead thing and not really need for how it is today as more people favor fov over a massive fake zoom in as do I. Low settings on some game also disable some terrain like bushes etc, making it even easier to see enemies since they believe to be hidden but actually just in plain sight. If you use a 240hz monitor it's not the easiest thing in the world to clip those frame rates either so turning down settings to hit it is almost a must.
Lowering settings often removes distractions and makes targets easier to see. Using low settings also allows those with high refresh monitors to make full use of it.
For me it depends on the game. Singleplayer i want it to be pretty, but any semi competitive multiplayer game i want +120 fps. In Overwatch there were so many competitive advantages playing on low (like bushing not showing)
Depends on the game however more times than non i take ultra graphics and 60 fps over 120 fps and medium/low
For single player games that aren't fps I don't even mind 30-45 fps if my quality is a bit better.

For any fps or competitive game if I'm not getting 144+ I won't bother playing.

Mostly though, I think it's about consistency in fps. 60fps consistently IMO is better than even 70-110 fluctuating.
In my gaming days I always played in low settings when playing online , obvious reason is FPS, but also because some of the extra detail can perhaps take add a second on you spotting someone which is crucial in some games! Less details in most cases means less to look at it that makes sense
From my point of view i would say it depends on how serious you are about the game.
If you are just playing for fun and not competetive then go for high settings without that your frames are nearly unplayable.
If you are playing for being competetive check out the settings and see what they do.
Low settings can remove in some games grass and other things in the distance which is a huge plus for spotting things.
Also the benefit of those are higher frames which depending on the game can have a huge impact on your gaming experience.

I remember the old counterstrike where reaching 100 fps was kinda a must for competetive because elseway your crosshair would slower go together and along with it your aim was less precise because of it.

But there are other factors also that influence it alot like finding the right sensetivity settings for your mouse which cna make a huge difference.
i play competetive on low, i have 144hz i see more than other players
Mainly due to more fps and some games u want less shadows and depth like grass or other useless stuff for a professional gamer
So you can see more, removing certain stuff not only gives higher frame rate but it also gives the winning edge, like seeing other players while not being distracted by in-game stuff
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?