Black ops 4 90% cpu usage

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Black ops 4 90% cpu usage
Hey guys,

So I came acros a problem today, it seems like whenever I play black ops 4 my cpu usage is going nuts. It goes from 40% in idle to 100% ingame.
This causes me to stutter while playing. Anyone have a solution? Couldn't find anything usefull on the internet which helped me so far.

Tried editing config.
Tried lowering all the settings.
Uninstalled geforce experience.

I got a nvidia 1070 8GB
intel core I7 4470k

Any clues or ideas would be appreciated.
This is just a sudden problem? Or was this happening from the start. BO4 is a cpu intensive game, and since your cpu is a bit old, it might just be time for an upgrade. Especially if your idle is 40%(im assuming idle is when bo4 is closed). If this isnt the case, I'd suggest maybe running an antivirus/malware software to see if something if making it spike. Im not a computer wiz, just giving suggestions based on my personal experience.
You might need to upgrade your CPU

my friend had the same problem about the game stuttering and he has a Ryzen Threadripper.
His solution was using Ryzen Master and lowering the cores and threads and the stuttering stopped
Quote Originally Posted by TheMaskedOne View Post
Hey guys,

So I came acros a problem today, it seems like whenever I play black ops 4 my cpu usage is going nuts. It goes from 40% in idle to 100% ingame.
This causes me to stutter while playing. Anyone have a solution? Couldn't find anything usefull on the internet which helped me so far.

Tried editing config.
Tried lowering all the settings.
Uninstalled geforce experience.

I got a nvidia 1070 8GB
intel core I7 4470k

Any clues or ideas would be appreciated.


If you have had the game downloaded since day 1 I would uninstall and redownload it helped me with blackout and multiplayer for some reason I was getting very low frames and high cpu, after I re-installed I got back up to 100+ fps on all high settings and cpu is running around 60-80
Best advice for you would be to restart your PC every once in a while, and also check to make sure you don't have 8 thousand separate tasks running all at once. An i7 shouldn't be stuttering that much on Bo4.
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us