After smoking weed for 4 years in secret I finally told my parents

Posts 1–15 of 30 · Page 1 of 2
After smoking weed for 4 years in secret I finally told my parents
I've been smoking weed since I was a junior in high school, I'm now a sophomore in college, so 4 years. Thing is I was never really a hardcore weed user, I wouldn't smoke everyday but definitely here and there. There have been times where I went 3 months sober before I got high again. Well I recently turned 21, like last week and I decided maybe it's time to let my parents know I smoke. But I didn't really tell them straight up I purposely left my "weed stuff" kinda out in the open in my room so they see it. My mom has had a conspiracy that I've been smoking for a year now but my father never knew. They're not the type of parents to be super strict, they'll let my siblings and I do whatever, sometimes I didn't come home till 2am (No I wasn't robbing people or getting super fucked up every time, literally in my friends basement playing video games or chilling).

Yadda Yadda well recently my father found my old carts, I've had like 4 empty ones and 3 carts with some oil left in it, Luckily I kept the super good one for myself for one last hit cuz that shit was 90% thc and man did that hit good. My father came and gave me a "talk" about how this shit destroys lives, how my cousins used it and that's why they went to jail and did all the bad things. I didn't really argue back against him nor really was focusing on what he was saying more of just blankly staring at my computer screen because it was late at night and I was high and just wanted to sleep.

couple days past since he had a talk with me then earlier today he sends me this super long paragraph on how he loves me and all the good times and shit, I didn't really read it because I was in no mood and in honesty I probably should've saved the text so I have something to look back on when hes a much older man and isn't doing so well so I can have some remembrance on how much he loves me.

Well my mother and I were talking and I mentioned about me smoking and since it might be legal in Jersey soon I will be smoking it alot more ( My mother is the closest person in my life so I tell her everything and I wanted to be honest with her about my smoking habits) . Now they both now know I smoke it, but I was doing it from a cart which they really don't like because of all the bad chemicals in carts. She still doesn't like weed and doesn't want me to do it.

I argued (Not yelling but calmly talking with her and explaining to her) that for the 4 years I've been smoking, I swore to never do anything but weed and I'm not some stoner who smokes all day and stays in their room without a job. No I've went out myself and got a job where I've been moved to multiple locations to help out others within 2 months of hire because I was doing an excellent job and making a good profit from some side hobby's online. I am going to college majoring in Computer Science where I hope to earn at least a Masters in Computer Science, plus I constantly get good grades in school and I do want to be independent and living on my own by hopefully age 24/25.

My mother cried saying she wanted her old son back, well thing is I've always been the way I am, I try not to be disrespectful to others, I know its making my parents upset but I am much older, I am more independent and I wish they realize that I will be participating in activities that will upset them. I refuse to basically forfeit my own happiness just because they don't like what I do. I'm not some super emo suicidal guy, but I have had depression before since 6th grade and when I started smoking weed it really has helped a lot, in fact smoking weed has made me happier than ever. I wake up, I go to school then to work, after that I go to the gym and I end my night by smoking weed and releases all the stress and all the negativity in my body.

One thing I promised her is that I will never do cocaine, lsd, shrooms, heroin...etc just weed.
Plus I wont be doing it inside the house since I know my mother cannot stand the smell and she's unable to sleep but sometimes I wish that your parents can actually recognize you're not perfect, and neither are they. As long as I have goals and try to be successful in life I don't mind weed.

Shit 30 years from now if I ever catch my own child smoking weed.
1. They better be at least 18 years old. (Even if its in a legal state and have to be 21, I'll let it slide)
2. They better have goals in life and try to reach for success, last thing I want is my child to smoke weed everyday and fulfill nothing with their life. I don't care what their job is in life, as long as they know they're happy with it.
3. Lastly, they better share some of that goddam weed if they living under my house, fuck you mean how should I know you aint rocking Sativa 2.0 where that shit rocks your brain into jupiter's anus.



TL;DR

-Purposely Let parents find out I smoke weed.
-They complain and cry and say I will go nowhere in life.
-Argue back saying I have been smoking for 4 years now and have been very successful in life while smoking it, good job, high grades in college, have had multiple girlfriends and have many lifelong friends.
-Want them to basically accept that I will be smoking weed my entire life and will not risk my happiness because they don't like me doing it.
Quote Originally Posted by Xiolest View Post
I've been smoking weed since I was a junior in high school, I'm now a sophomore in college, so 4 years. Thing is I was never really a hardcore weed user, I wouldn't smoke everyday but definitely here and there. There have been times where I went 3 months sober before I got high again. Well I recently turned 21, like last week and I decided maybe it's time to let my parents know I smoke. But I didn't really tell them straight up I purposely left my "weed stuff" kinda out in the open in my room so they see it. My mom has had a conspiracy that I've been smoking for a year now but my father never knew. They're not the type of parents to be super strict, they'll let my siblings and I do whatever, sometimes I didn't come home till 2am (No I wasn't robbing people or getting super fucked up every time, literally in my friends basement playing video games or chilling).

Yadda Yadda well recently my father found my old carts, I've had like 4 empty ones and 3 carts with some oil left in it, Luckily I kept the super good one for myself for one last hit cuz that shit was 90% thc and man did that hit good. My father came and gave me a "talk" about how this shit destroys lives, how my cousins used it and that's why they went to jail and did all the bad things. I didn't really argue back against him nor really was focusing on what he was saying more of just blankly staring at my computer screen because it was late at night and I was high and just wanted to sleep.

couple days past since he had a talk with me then earlier today he sends me this super long paragraph on how he loves me and all the good times and shit, I didn't really read it because I was in no mood and in honesty I probably should've saved the text so I have something to look back on when hes a much older man and isn't doing so well so I can have some remembrance on how much he loves me.

Well my mother and I were talking and I mentioned about me smoking and since it might be legal in Jersey soon I will be smoking it alot more ( My mother is the closest person in my life so I tell her everything and I wanted to be honest with her about my smoking habits) . Now they both now know I smoke it, but I was doing it from a cart which they really don't like because of all the bad chemicals in carts. She still doesn't like weed and doesn't want me to do it.

I argued (Not yelling but calmly talking with her and explaining to her) that for the 4 years I've been smoking, I swore to never do anything but weed and I'm not some stoner who smokes all day and stays in their room without a job. No I've went out myself and got a job where I've been moved to multiple locations to help out others within 2 months of hire because I was doing an excellent job and making a good profit from some side hobby's online. I am going to college majoring in Computer Science where I hope to earn at least a Masters in Computer Science, plus I constantly get good grades in school and I do want to be independent and living on my own by hopefully age 24/25.

My mother cried saying she wanted her old son back, well thing is I've always been the way I am, I try not to be disrespectful to others, I know its making my parents upset but I am much older, I am more independent and I wish they realize that I will be participating in activities that will upset them. I refuse to basically forfeit my own happiness just because they don't like what I do. I'm not some super emo suicidal guy, but I have had depression before since 6th grade and when I started smoking weed it really has helped a lot, in fact smoking weed has made me happier than ever. I wake up, I go to school then to work, after that I go to the gym and I end my night by smoking weed and releases all the stress and all the negativity in my body.

One thing I promised her is that I will never do cocaine, lsd, shrooms, heroin...etc just weed.
Plus I wont be doing it inside the house since I know my mother cannot stand the smell and she's unable to sleep but sometimes I wish they your parents can actually recognize you're not perfect, and neither are they. As long as I have goals and try to be successful in life I don't mind weed.

Shit 30 years from now if I ever catch my own child smoking weed.
1. They better be at least 18 years old. (Even if its in a legal state and have to be 21, I'll let it slide)
2. They better have goals in life and try to reach for success, last thing I want is my child to smoke weed everyday and fulfill nothing with their life. I don't care what their job is in life, as long as they know they're happy with it.
3. Lastly, they better share some of that goddam weed if they living under my house, fuck you mean how should I know you aint rocking Sativa 2.0 where that shit rocks your brain into jupiter's anus.
thats what parents and freinds want you to feel like your something and your special
someone provide the TL;DR. thanks
Quote Originally Posted by Cuba View Post
someone provide the TL;DR. thanks
I'll do that my bad, I forgot. Was in a rush hehe
Quote Originally Posted by Xiolest View Post
I've been smoking weed since I was a junior in high school, I'm now a sophomore in college, so 4 years. Thing is I was never really a hardcore weed user, I wouldn't smoke everyday but definitely here and there. There have been times where I went 3 months sober before I got high again. Well I recently turned 21, like last week and I decided maybe it's time to let my parents know I smoke. But I didn't really tell them straight up I purposely left my "weed stuff" kinda out in the open in my room so they see it. My mom has had a conspiracy that I've been smoking for a year now but my father never knew. They're not the type of parents to be super strict, they'll let my siblings and I do whatever, sometimes I didn't come home till 2am (No I wasn't robbing people or getting super fucked up every time, literally in my friends basement playing video games or chilling).

Yadda Yadda well recently my father found my old carts, I've had like 4 empty ones and 3 carts with some oil left in it, Luckily I kept the super good one for myself for one last hit cuz that shit was 90% thc and man did that hit good. My father came and gave me a "talk" about how this shit destroys lives, how my cousins used it and that's why they went to jail and did all the bad things. I didn't really argue back against him nor really was focusing on what he was saying more of just blankly staring at my computer screen because it was late at night and I was high and just wanted to sleep.

couple days past since he had a talk with me then earlier today he sends me this super long paragraph on how he loves me and all the good times and shit, I didn't really read it because I was in no mood and in honesty I probably should've saved the text so I have something to look back on when hes a much older man and isn't doing so well so I can have some remembrance on how much he loves me.

Well my mother and I were talking and I mentioned about me smoking and since it might be legal in Jersey soon I will be smoking it alot more ( My mother is the closest person in my life so I tell her everything and I wanted to be honest with her about my smoking habits) . Now they both now know I smoke it, but I was doing it from a cart which they really don't like because of all the bad chemicals in carts. She still doesn't like weed and doesn't want me to do it.

I argued (Not yelling but calmly talking with her and explaining to her) that for the 4 years I've been smoking, I swore to never do anything but weed and I'm not some stoner who smokes all day and stays in their room without a job. No I've went out myself and got a job where I've been moved to multiple locations to help out others within 2 months of hire because I was doing an excellent job and making a good profit from some side hobby's online. I am going to college majoring in Computer Science where I hope to earn at least a Masters in Computer Science, plus I constantly get good grades in school and I do want to be independent and living on my own by hopefully age 24/25.

My mother cried saying she wanted her old son back, well thing is I've always been the way I am, I try not to be disrespectful to others, I know its making my parents upset but I am much older, I am more independent and I wish they realize that I will be participating in activities that will upset them. I refuse to basically forfeit my own happiness just because they don't like what I do. I'm not some super emo suicidal guy, but I have had depression before since 6th grade and when I started smoking weed it really has helped a lot, in fact smoking weed has made me happier than ever. I wake up, I go to school then to work, after that I go to the gym and I end my night by smoking weed and releases all the stress and all the negativity in my body.

One thing I promised her is that I will never do cocaine, lsd, shrooms, heroin...etc just weed.
Plus I wont be doing it inside the house since I know my mother cannot stand the smell and she's unable to sleep but sometimes I wish that your parents can actually recognize you're not perfect, and neither are they. As long as I have goals and try to be successful in life I don't mind weed.

Shit 30 years from now if I ever catch my own child smoking weed.
1. They better be at least 18 years old. (Even if its in a legal state and have to be 21, I'll let it slide)
2. They better have goals in life and try to reach for success, last thing I want is my child to smoke weed everyday and fulfill nothing with their life. I don't care what their job is in life, as long as they know they're happy with it.
3. Lastly, they better share some of that goddam weed if they living under my house, fuck you mean how should I know you aint rocking Sativa 2.0 where that shit rocks your brain into jupiter's anus.



TL;DR

-Purposely Let parents find out I smoke weed.
-They complain and cry and say I will go nowhere in life.
-Argue back saying I have been smoking for 4 years now and have been very successful in life while smoking it, good job, high grades in college, have had multiple girlfriends and have many lifelong friends.
-Want them to basically accept that I will be smoking weed my entire life and will not risk my happiness because they don't like me doing it.
People say your parents know what's best for you. WRONG. Your parents think they know what's best for you, only YOU are able to comprehend your life as a whole because you're the only one that has lived your life. If someone doesn't accept the way you live, you let them go because otherwise it's toxic. You make it very clear to the close people in your life that they can't change you, and if they can't live with the version of who you are, maybe they shouldn't be apart of your life for the sake of everyone?
Why bother telling them? I mean you should have waited till you moved out and if they don't like it than they fuck off.
Lol bro. Its not just because its "Weed" that they are crying for. In today's society, weed is portrayed as "beneficial", "healthy" and as "medicine". This was never the case, just years back. In the future, now that all the kids will stop smoking weed because its not "cool" anymore, they will move on to shrooms, heroin, and those kids are our future, and trend setters. Soon enough, that will be the norm, then you will tell your old daddy and mommy, that's its the same shit as weed, healthy. Truth is, by time your a old man, you're going to suffer big time. And it will take a couple decades before they realize how fucked up they made this society. all in all, you're just fucking your life up, its not worth it. Thats why they are upset, not that's it fucking weed bro.

I used to smoke every time in high school, being high made me do retarded shit. Steal cars, break the law, etc. Ever since I stopped, it has improved my life significantly. I do sesh once a year, usually on 4/20 with my boys, but last time that was years back. Its not worth, once you mature up you'll understand. Plus, I just don't believe in this depression bullshit with weed lmao, you're a man, stop being a pussy and running away from everyday depressions, face it like a man. But again its 2019, most guys are pussy's nowadays.

Fuck I typed too much
Quote Originally Posted by Fregi View Post
Lol bro. Its not just because its "Weed" that they are crying for. In today's society, weed is portrayed as "beneficial", "healthy" and as "medicine". This was never the case, just years back. In the future, now that all the kids will stop smoking weed because its not "cool" anymore, they will move on to shrooms, heroin, and those kids are our future, and trend setters. Soon enough, that will be the norm, then you will tell your old daddy and mommy, that's its the same shit as weed, healthy. Truth is, by time your a old man, you're going to suffer big time. And it will take a couple decades before they realize how fucked up they made this society. all in all, you're just fucking your life up, its not worth it. Thats why they are upset, not that's it fucking weed bro.

I used to smoke every time in high school, being high made me do retarded shit. Steal cars, break the law, etc. Ever since I stopped, it has improved my life significantly. I do sesh once a year, usually on 4/20 with my boys, but last time that was years back. Its not worth, once you mature up you'll understand. Plus, I just don't believe in this depression bullshit with weed lmao, you're a man, stop being a pussy and running away from everyday depressions, face it like a man. But again its 2019, most guys are pussy's nowadays.

Fuck I typed too much
this is society...
they will get over it

it will take time tho
Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
they will get over it

it will take time tho
my parents found my weed seeds that i was supposed to plant, what do i do?
Quote Originally Posted by Solvi View Post
this is society...
we live in a society

BOTTOM TEXT



Quote Originally Posted by Fregi View Post
Lol bro. Its not just because its "Weed" that they are crying for. In today's society, weed is portrayed as "beneficial", "healthy" and as "medicine". This was never the case, just years back. In the future, now that all the kids will stop smoking weed because its not "cool" anymore, they will move on to shrooms, heroin, and those kids are our future, and trend setters. Soon enough, that will be the norm, then you will tell your old daddy and mommy, that's its the same shit as weed, healthy. Truth is, by time your a old man, you're going to suffer big time. And it will take a couple decades before they realize how fucked up they made this society. all in all, you're just fucking your life up, its not worth it. Thats why they are upset, not that's it fucking weed bro.

I used to smoke every time in high school, being high made me do retarded shit. Steal cars, break the law, etc. Ever since I stopped, it has improved my life significantly. I do sesh once a year, usually on 4/20 with my boys, but last time that was years back. Its not worth, once you mature up you'll understand. Plus, I just don't believe in this depression bullshit with weed lmao, you're a man, stop being a pussy and running away from everyday depressions, face it like a man. But again its 2019, most guys are pussy's nowadays.

Fuck I typed too much
i very much doubt that people will start to do heroin in a couple years just because weed is gaining in popularity

just because you did dumb shit when smoking weed doesnt mean its the case for other people

cba to write more for the other points you made
Same old kinda story, it's your parents they will worry about stuff like this. You just keep going and only use their concern to improve your life (Show them how much better you are now than before etc)
no drugs allowed
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Weed is medicament.

Change their mind.
why are your parents so mad?

weed is a type of medicine, it helps your health....
Posts 1–15 of 30 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?