New save structure

Posts 16–19 of 19 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by xoreaxeax View Post
No idea what you're trying to say here lol
i dont remember why i said that, i think i replied the wrong post, my bad xD
Quote Originally Posted by xoreaxeax View Post
Well yes and no. When you buy something from the shrine, it writes the perk to your save (which isn't timestamped) and also adds it to your inventory (timestamped). Inventory and save are two separate things, however the inventory is completely server sided and is very difficult to manipulate. However, that's not all. While this is the normal behaviour of the shrine, if you use something like Fiddler to manipulate it it writes the perk to your save but won't update your inventory, as there is server sided validation happening here. While this may sound ideal initially, you have to keep in mind that the devs can compare the teachables in your save (it's not hard to tell if you bought from shrine or unlocked it from bloodweb especially if you don't own the character) with your inventory. If you have teachables that came out after patch 2.0.0 in your save that don't exist in your inventory then that's a detection vector for the devs to use.
Thanks for the detailed info, but i want to ask you some questions. As far as I understanded both of this methods are detectable by devs:
1. Temporary unlock DLC by CE to access teachables
2. Modify save to unlock teachables (Beside the fact that save modification is detectable)

But I'm not sure that I understanded correctly so I have a couple of questions:
1. Can developers know if I bought a DLC?
2. If they can, they do it based on the save file? For example: if i have bloodweb 38 Pig (licensed killer) with couple of items and perks they assume I bought it?
3. If they can tell whether or not I bought DLC, and I have leveled up characters from DLC's that i don't have and teachables from them is it enough evidence for a ban?

I would really appreciate your help these questions.
Sorry to necro but does this imply devs won't see your item inventory? I've been trying to keep mine looking legit but it would be nice to just add a few hundred of each if there's no risk.
Quote Originally Posted by jipoka View Post
Sorry to necro but does this imply devs won't see your item inventory? I've been trying to keep mine looking legit but it would be nice to just add a few hundred of each if there's no risk.
This save structure is old, anyhow, they can see.
Posts 16–19 of 19 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?