Is it worth learning java?

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Is it worth learning java?
I was wondering if it's worth learning java, what can you write with it? Thanks
Quote Originally Posted by _-Blazin-_ View Post
I was wondering if it's worth learning java, what can you write with it? Thanks
is it worth posting that on all Sections? If you want to learn something... just do it.. it's always worth learning...
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
is it worth posting that on all Sections? If you want to learn something... just do it.. it's always worth learning...
Java is very important. I was just applying for a job a few week ago where java was an important requirement. so depends on the job. I don't think Next knows any Java but he does great, but there's nothing wrong with learning a new language. once I get my Droid phone I would like to learn the ANDROID SDK so I can make apps for it. Android runs on Java.
can i ask on what Iphone application runs ?
Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
can i ask on what Iphone application runs ?
Idk really. Ik there's an sdk. Look it up. Kinda big :/ And only runs on mac from what I know.


I was wondering if it's worth learning java, what can you write with it? Thanks
I personally love it. And it is always worth learning something that doesen't cause pain. So yeah. Learn it! :P
You're going to learn it if you're wanting to pursue a career in Computer Science. Most Computer Science courses at the high school level start you off with Java because it's a great language to learn OOP with. It's not useful for coding hacks since it can't use Windows API, if that's what you were asking.
Java is the most used computer language in the world, while most games are NOT written with it, almost all computers are either written with it or at the very least understand it as a standard language and even if they cannot you can easily download a Java Virtual Machine. you can do just about anything with the Java language and it is very straight forward so is fairly easy to learn. i learned to do lots of amazing things with it in just a couple of months, not enough to make a game or anything but in just a couple more months i would probably have enough knowledge to at least "jerry-rig" a game. so, yea, i would say it's worth learning praticularly if it's your first computing language
Java is essential because it runs a=on all operating systems
Way to go bumping a 4 month old thread
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us