Advice for BTC Exchanger to PayPal. (Beware of Scammers)

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Advice for BTC Exchanger to PayPal. (Beware of Scammers)
Advice for BTC Exchange to PayPal. (Beware of Scammers)

Don't sent your PayPal Payment without getting Confirm on your BTC Payment.

Some one tried to Scam us and Tried to let us send our paypal payment without getting confirm on his btc payment, but We refused

You can check his btc payment here (got Invalid)
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/f5...56120014aaf59a
and you need to watch for scammers. idk if you run into to but I used to take paypal for BTC and I have people who would scam someone else. give them my paypal and then talk to me saying oh I want this much BTC. They get the person who they are scamming to pay me and then I send them the BTC, days or weeks later ill get a chargeback and its not the person who I sold too.

No way to know this will happen but it does. and it sucks. but its not too bad its just a loss of a paypal account.
I always assumed 1 confirmation is fine.

I see many websites wait for 2-3, sometimes even more. Can anyone with more knowledge share some light on this?

Maybe @Allura ?
Quote Originally Posted by Luverdark View Post
I always assumed 1 confirmation is fine.

I see many websites wait for 2-3, sometimes even more. Can anyone with more knowledge share some light on this?

Maybe @Allura ?
Personally I wait for 5 confirmations.

The reason why you should wait for more confirmations is just in case the scammer send 2 transactions at the "same time" and different miners are mining the transactions at the same time. Then the transaction with the least confirmation would be not be included in the blockchain.

Of course, the higher the value of BTC you are dealing with, the more confirmations I would wait for, just to be safe.
Quote Originally Posted by Luverdark View Post
I always assumed 1 confirmation is fine.

I see many websites wait for 2-3, sometimes even more. Can anyone with more knowledge share some light on this?

Maybe @Allura ?
1 under 1k
3 1k - 10k
6 10k to 1.000.000
60 above 1.000.000
Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
The reason why you should wait for more confirmations is just in case the scammer send 2 transactions at the "same time" and different miners are mining the transactions at the same time. Then the transaction with the least confirmation would be not be included in the blockchain.
Whoa I never knew about this before, thank you for enlightening me
Yes I knew about this. Like if you send a bitcoin snap qr of a payment and If they don't pay the enough, It gets reversed even tho its says sent.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?