How does VAC work???

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
How does VAC work???
I'm trying to educate myself on Valve's Anti-Cheat program.

I read in an unofficial post that the program searches inside the user's machine to see if there are any programs that may constitute a "hack" or game "cheat" and the code is immediately sent over to Valve for verification.

This sounds bullshit for two main reasons:

1. Valve engineers wouldn't spend time/resources into checking code from thousands of "false alarms". i.e. an anti-virus program would look like a hack unless a Valve Engineer deems otherwise.

2. There is a lot of shit going on in the background on machines running a game, for example I have numerous threads running simultaneously. The point is, there's no fucking way VAC can be that sensitive and report any little pussyass program running in the background.

However, if this is true, its a turd on the plate for people like me who want to give the External BoxEsp hack a try. It seems like VAC would detect it event if it does not interfere with game files, and I'm pretty much fucked because there is no way around this.

So my question is, how does V.A.C. REALLY work? I hope someone here knows a thing or two about this program and can tell me.

Thx a bunch guys.
VAC Searchs for code injection into a game's process, memory hacking, or modification to core .exe and .dll files.

Thats all.

External Box ESP is not auto-searchable by VAC since it doesnt inject anything, however, if a VAC engineer wants to manually search ur PC, you will get caught
Okay, but since this hack is public and well known, wouldn't Valve engineers program a code into VAC to look for this particular program and catch it?

It seems more than likely.
Quote Originally Posted by joblo150 View Post
Okay, but since this hack is public and well known, wouldn't Valve engineers program a code into VAC to look for this particular program and catch it?

It seems more than likely.
Thats why you do the HEX edit and (If you want) change the proccess name from the source.

That way is 99.999999999999% undetectable.


There are limits between Anti-cheat and Spyware, I think going any further means Spyware
Guys, VAC engineers are not stupid!
Tigermisu it's right, if they wants you banned, you are banned!
VAC engineers or VAC can't scan your computer's files, it's illegal.
You can't know that, as I can't know!
No hack it's safe that's definelly!
But I know something 100% sure, VAC doesn't instantly bans you! (happened to me in MW2), it gives you a period, if you continue to hack, you are banned, if you stop you might be lucky!
I used frequently a hack = ban, one mate of mine used it to 3-4 times, and he his not banned! (same period), we haven't used and Vac disablers.
Quote Originally Posted by B4M View Post
You can't know that, as I can't know!
No hack it's safe that's definelly!
But I know something 100% sure, VAC doesn't instantly bans you! (happened to me in MW2), it gives you a period, if you continue to hack, you are banned, if you stop you might be lucky!
I used frequently a hack = ban, one mate of mine used it to 3-4 times, and he his not banned! (same period), we haven't used and Vac disablers.
Wrong. If you are caught cheating your banned, there is however a delay period. There is no "let's see if they straighten up period". This being said you get banned 2 weeks or even a couple months after using a hack.
Well they can scan your computer because you "agreed" to it when you signed the steam shit. So i guess yeah, that hack is not safe.

Even with the hex digit change, there are still lots of digits that you cannot change, and VAC can look for those.
I didn't see that in the Subscriber Agreement, just checked. Besides I think scanning your computer's files would violate your forth amendment.
Quote Originally Posted by r_arraz View Post
I didn't see that in the Subscriber Agreement, just checked. Besides I think scanning your computer's files would violate your forth amendment.
Don't think it'd be against if you say you agree to it, then they can. a program had in its agreement tht u sell ur soul to the makers. just to show how many people dont read them
Haaa..

I Read Nonsense.

Just don't start a Thread about it nor post about it if you don't know what you are talking about.

~Closed to prevent further Lulz from Coders.
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?