A good place to start? Android dev?

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
A good place to start? Android dev?
So I've been contemplating learning app development for awhile now when it comes to android because I do not see a ton of people in my circles bothering to use IOS, I've checked out a few online android app development sites but nothing quite catches my attention.

I Have been programming since a very young age and I'm pretty much burned out on a huge variety of languages any advice anyone can give me would be most welcome I don't plan on trying to get rich quick with what I learn I just plan on making a few apps that would best fit some of the websites I work on.
anyone willing to point me in the right direction would be most appreciated?
Mobile apps? Try to learn kotlin or java for android.
Quote Originally Posted by StanXi View Post
Mobile apps? Try to learn kotlin or java for android.
i'll look into kotlin java should come easy to me thanks for the advice.
I found "Android Studio" to be one of the most intuitive IDEs to work with when developing for Android.

It's easy to get started. Look up some tutorials and try setting yourself some projects to get going on.

If you have an Android phone, you can launch your project builds on that. If not, Android Studio allows you to run your build on an emulated device.

Good luck and have fun
I know the thread is old, but if anyone stumbles upon this thread looking for help..

At least in April 2021, consider learning Flutter.

You should have Android Studio + Android Emulator. Having a Mac helps a lot if you want to cater towards iOS.

There is a lot of resources over at r/FlutterDev and on youtube and there is a large deeksword community.

If you are new to programming, Flutter uses Dart which is basically Java and Javascript having a baby together.
It's really easy to pick up but you should know basic Software Engineering so you don't do things incorrectly, but naturally you should make mistakes and errors, thats the only way you will learn.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?