Astronomers?

Posts 1–15 of 44 · Page 1 of 3
Astronomers?
Anyone here interested in astronomy? Does anyone own a telescope? It's such an amazing hobby! That feeling when you forget about all problems and simply watch the stars, galaxies, comets ...
Sure, have 20cm dobsonian and it's amazing!
Nice, had one a few years ago, really nice first telescope. What type of objects do you observe?
Mostly deep sky but also some planets, you?
Yeah, I really don't understand people who say dobsonians aren't for solar system objects. Collimated dob is often even better than SCT or achromat. I like galaxies the most. It's challenging to find them and you can see many faint details on them if you look closely.
I've observed M 101 and M 51 last spring and the spiral pattern was soooo beautiful ...
Yep, these are really nice. Also try M 33 in Triangulum. It has spiral structure and there are also some emission regions visible. Wonderfull sight!
I've tried it once, but it was low in the sky. Btw, have you observed Stephan's quintet yet? I'm pretty proud of myself because I saw it. Well I saw 4 out of 5 galaxies, but still ...
Are the skies nice where you live? I have quite a few clear nights and bortle 3-4 skies. Around five years ago the street lamps were installed. And now my neighbours installed LED lamp in the garden and it's awful. And I don't have drivers licence yet so I can't go to darker location. But it's still nice here.
I would really like to go to a desert once. Although getting big scope to the middle of nowhere could be a chellenge, I suppose ...
Well yeah, but I would need completely different setup. I did however make some photos using only dslr and tripod. Photos of milkyway and Andromeda galaxy. But they aren't that good.

- - - Updated - - -

milkyway on a summer night. That's composite of 50 images and 50 dark frames.
Am, I have 14" dob now so sure, I've seen it. But good job, man, it's a lot harder with 8" dob. What about horsehead nebula? It's really challenging object and I haven't managed to see it for sure.
Ooo, that's a beast!! Nope, haven't seen it except on photos.
Pretty much the same here (without annoying neighbours). Once I went camping in the mountains ... Boy, was it beautiful. Milky way was casting shadows!
Are you also interested in astrophotography?
Posts 1–15 of 44 · Page 1 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us