[Help] D3D Tuts for choobs.

Posts 16–22 of 22 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
You can program using DirectX in VB, not only C++.. It's do able.

Oh, and sorry about that.../
I'm aware that it IS possible in VB, hence me looking for tuts to do it
However the example you gave me seems pretty simple in C++, but I'm not sure how hard it's equivalent would be in VB.NET, more research will ensue.
Quote Originally Posted by Shark23 View Post
C++ syntax is way different then that of VB. I had some difficulty i learning the basics of C++ because of my VB experiences

EDIT: beaten by void

well, normally the problem is that people is afraid of coding on a language where there is no almost intellisense, like you have with .NET.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Were you supposed to quote Shark just then?
yeap.. missed it o.o still, yours was fine anyway xD

EDIT2:

Quote Originally Posted by Shark23 View Post
Really? You find people are scared to leave their intellisense behind? Hmm... I had no trouble with that. Ha, most of my problem was misplacing or forgetting semicolons but I got that corrected pretty quick.
yes, some. and please let it just stay on topic.. Sry J-Deezy as i was the one starting it ^^
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
well, normally the problem is that people is afraid of coding on a language where there is no almost intellisense, like you have with .NET.
Were you supposed to quote Shark just then?
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I'm aware that it IS possible in VB, hence me looking for tuts to do it
However the example you gave me seems pretty simple in C++, but I'm not sure how hard it's equivalent would be in VB.NET, more research will ensue.
If you're talking about the hooking part, I wouldn't know how to hook using VB, I'm sure you can directly access memory somehow, then just make your own dynamic module. I've never programmed in VB... As for the link, I'm sure you know how to call a function, and the parameters remain the same for all languages.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
well, normally the problem is that people is afraid of coding on a language where there is no almost intellisense, like you have with .NET.
Really? You find people are scared to leave their intellisense behind? Hmm... I had no trouble with that. Ha, most of my problem was misplacing or forgetting semicolons but I got that corrected pretty quick.
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
If you're talking about the hooking part, I wouldn't know how to hook using VB, I'm sure you can directly access memory somehow, then just make your own dynamic module. I've never programmed in VB... As for the link, I'm sure you know how to call a function, and the parameters remain the same for all languages.
Hmm well I haven't had much experience or need to hook anything before, but I'm going to have a look at hooking methods for VB.

As for calling a function i do know how to (a sad excuse for a programmer I would be without knowing that) But I haven't found an equivalent for ID3DXLINE:: DrawMethod in VB.NET, I'll play around with intellisense

EDIT: Hmm I seem to be jumping in the deep end before learning how to swim here, the name of the topic says it all, I'm choob at D3D at the moment and know next to nothing about it's methods, that's why I was looking for beginner tuts to get me started on the basics so I can build up some knowledge on this.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Hmm well I haven't had much experience or need to hook anything before, but I'm going to have a look at hooking methods for VB.

As for calling a function i do know how to (a sad excuse for a programmer I would be without knowing that) But I haven't found an equivalent for ID3DXLINE DrawMethod in VB.NET, I'll play around with intellisense

EDIT: Hmm I seem to be jumping in the deep end before learning how to swim here, the name of the topic says it all, I'm choob at D3D at the moment and know next to nothing about it's methods, that's why I was looking for beginner tuts to get me started on the basics so I can build up some knowledge on this.
■ First, have you managed to install Direct X 9.0C ???
■ You'll need to convert ID3DXLINE DrawMethod method rather than finding it in the intellisense. Intellisense doesn't have such method !!
■ The link VOID provided draws a line strip. To draw a line in vb.net simply use the link I already sent you:
Drunken Hyena : DirectX 9 Tutorials - .Net - Lines

Download the source code from the above article and play with it. It's not hard to understand. If you need help with understanding the downloaded source then post it here. I think then we'll be able to help better
Posts 16–22 of 22 · Page 2 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?