Thread Bumping Rework
There is a forum that I use (that I won't name) that has a system allowing for thread bumps every hour instead of the standard 24 hours. I think this system is much much better than the current 24 hour system. Here's why:
1. Creates a sense of competition and interaction within the seller community.
2. Drives up the activity of sellers and buyers alike, since sellers are constantly bumping their threads every hour.
3. Also drives up the overall activity and users online count on MPGH, which looks good.
4. Rewards sellers with high activity, because they'll always be on page 1, also good for MPGH because, well, consistent user activity looks good on paper.
5. Actually allows sellers to respond to customers within their thread without being given a warning because "they bumped twice in 24 hours" when in reality they were just answering a question.
I don't know. Every forum is different, and every community is different, ultimately it's up to the staff to consider this. Maybe it can be rolled out to smaller sections first, like the COD or GTA section, and have it tested there. Then, later on, it could be added to global marketplace.
1. Creates a sense of competition and interaction within the seller community.
2. Drives up the activity of sellers and buyers alike, since sellers are constantly bumping their threads every hour.
3. Also drives up the overall activity and users online count on MPGH, which looks good.
4. Rewards sellers with high activity, because they'll always be on page 1, also good for MPGH because, well, consistent user activity looks good on paper.
5. Actually allows sellers to respond to customers within their thread without being given a warning because "they bumped twice in 24 hours" when in reality they were just answering a question.
I don't know. Every forum is different, and every community is different, ultimately it's up to the staff to consider this. Maybe it can be rolled out to smaller sections first, like the COD or GTA section, and have it tested there. Then, later on, it could be added to global marketplace.

. I think personally it will only work in smaller sections, probably not in a big marketplace setting.