Asking for help here.

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Asking for help here.
I'm no guru when it comes to programming, or reversing for that matter. I have a project I'm going to be working on in parallel with the python esp/aimbot. I need to get the client name and IP address of players in game. I'm wondering if HellDemon can provide some help in this area, I'm going to try olly, and see if i can figure something out, however I'm fairly certain my knowledge level is going to result in squat for info. So thanks if you can help, and I appreciate all information that is given, Archangel gave me some info previously and it wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but thanks anyway man. I wonder If I can get a ban from using Olly? well here goes nothing......
What version are you creating this for?
Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
What version are you creating this for?
I'm working on latest release for MW2 1.1.195. I used olly to find the offsets for IP info, but do not know enough about olly and reversing to know if Im on the right track.
Quote Originally Posted by dheir View Post
I'm a lil irritated with your posts, you say nothing that is helpful to anyone, and you continuously try to aggravate people I hope you get banned (1 of your multiple accounts at least) asshole. I hope you can learn to contribute to the forum and try not to be a problem.


I'm working on latest release for MW2 1.1.195. I used olly to find the offsets for IP info, but do not know enough about olly and reversing to know if Im on the right track.
Well put.
And sorry I can't help you. Are you going to make a version for AlterIWNet?
Quote Originally Posted by shahin7777 View Post
Clean up you'r post it's alllllllll over the place
/deleted as spam
If you got nothing helpful to say, dont look at help threads.
clientinfo is located at 0x8EC2C8, the size of the struct is 0x52C.
Name can be found at 0xC, and is 16 bytes long.

not sure if IP is stored in clientinfo(haven't checked), if it is it's going to be at 0x0030(16 bytes unknown), or somewhere after 0x0180(only unknown after that ^^)
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
clientinfo is located at 0x8EC2C8, the size of the struct is 0x52C.
Name can be found at 0xC, and is 16 bytes long.

not sure if IP is stored in clientinfo(haven't checked), if it is it's going to be at 0x0030(16 bytes unknown), or somewhere after 0x0180(only unknown after that ^^)
OK Thank you for that, I'm hoping client info will contain it, my search for strings has not brought much luck to me in finding the info I want. I was thinking one of the unknowns is holding that info, we will see, once again thanks for chiming in.
Only 4 bytes needed to store an IP...
Is this assuming the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx convention is used? I mean do we even know how it is stored? I know this all sounds like I'm asking for the answer, it's because I am lol.
But I'd really like to learn how to find the answer. I've not come up with a comprehensive article or "guide" to understanding olly. Maybe I'm a dolt? Hell maybe I should just ask kidebr, maybe he will help me out, maybe not. Then again I'm probably over my head here too, but thanks for the input NiPiN.
I freshly installed an 32bit win7 system last weekend and still need to find some Olly skills, so no I'm of no help on that front.

But if you search for your own IP in mem, whilst running to machines running on this. If its stored in 4 bytes it could look like this (ip/norm4bytesashex/reversed4bytesashex) and should show up in CE:
- 127.0.0.1/7F000001/0100007f
- 192.168.1.13/C0A8010D/0D01A8C0

It's also possible they are stored in a string containing the hex notation of the 4*8bits...

Once found with CE, it should be possible to find the location where the address is written to and you could start reversing the struct as explained by H_D...
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us