QuestionAuto Bump Software

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Auto Bump Software
I made a script to auto bump all the threads I give it with a a custom bump message every 24hrs. Is this something people need or want? I personally think it's useful, but let me know your thoughts. As for security concerns, I would share the code w/ a staff member to be fully transparent.
Sure I would be interested ! Sounds like a great idea
Quote Originally Posted by NAV View Post
I made a script to auto bump all the threads I give it with a a custom bump message every 24hrs. Is this something people need or want? I personally think it's useful, but let me know your thoughts. As for security concerns, I would share the code w/ a staff member to be fully transparent.
As long as upper staff allows it, I think it might be useful for sellers. Are you intending on selling the script? Do you have to login through the script, or a script ran off an add-on like Tampermonkey?
Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post


As long as upper staff allows it, I think it might be useful for sellers. Are you intending on selling the script? Do you have to login through the script, or a script ran off an add-on like Tampermonkey?
Hey, thanks for the interest. I would be selling the script for a fair/low price. All staff members can receive the software for free and giveaways for it will be common. The script is not through tampermonkey, something similar though. Login details may be required but I'm trying everything to avoid that. Currently, cookies are being used instead of forcing the user to login w/ their mpgh details. Login or cookies, either way the code will be 100% reviewed by a staff member because I could see how that would be concerning. The cookies are currently stored in an encrypted file and are only used locally, the cookies never leave the users machine. That's why I'm recommending the code review to put security concerns to rest. I'm still testing w/ cookies only and adding quality of life features. Thanks for your reply :)
Quote Originally Posted by NAV View Post
Hey, thanks for the interest. I would be selling the script for a fair/low price. All staff members can receive the software for free and giveaways for it will be common. The script is not through tampermonkey, something similar though. Login details may be required but I'm trying everything to avoid that. Currently, cookies are being used instead of forcing the user to login w/ their mpgh details. Login or cookies, either way the code will be 100% reviewed by a staff member because I could see how that would be concerning. The cookies are currently stored in an encrypted file and are only used locally, the cookies never leave the users machine. That's why I'm recommending the code review to put security concerns to rest. I'm still testing w/ cookies only and adding quality of life features. Thanks for your reply
I'm sorry to say if it requires login or cookies, it will not be approved due to security concerns. Even if you were to provide the source code, MPGH would rather provide their own official version of an autobumper that would be free. Thank you for your interest in this, but this is a solid no from higher staff.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?