Linux programming?

Posts 16–27 of 27 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
It's complicated because of its stupid design. Same goes for C++. I mean they could've made the syntax simpler while maintaining the functionality. Btw, started learning C++ yesterday !!
Lulz, I just have to get used to this. I'm just so used to Windows programming right now.

Also, I don't know much about this stuff but I don't think Linux has a stupid design. Since it's always in kernel-mode everything communicates directly with the kernel instead of going through a call back like Windows, then having to call more functions to communicate with the kernel level stuff. Making it one of the fastest OS's no? Not too sure about that
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
First link will most likely be useful in the future but as of now I don't know how Linux works at all. I skimmed over it really quickly and I couldn't really understand what any function does or how to use it. Second link seems to be normal C++ tutorials, not Linux specific. Thanks anyways.
then google... if you cant find it on google then maybe there is no good sources
Quote Originally Posted by cruizrisner View Post
then google... if you cant find it on google then maybe there is no good sources
That's what I spent last night doing... Most of the sources weren't working.
~Sighs.

Start with a good Distro then, Less Headaches.
Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post
~Sighs.

Start with a good Distro then, Less Headaches.
Mind linking me to a good one?

I don't know what's good and what isn't.
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
Mind linking me to a good one?

I don't know what's good and what isn't.
Install back track 3/4(it's a flavor of unbunto)
BackTrack Linux - Penetration Testing Distributionⓘ

It has all the stuf you need already set up
And because it's a little black hat, you've got some of the best penetration tools out there (metasploit, hydra...)

Also installed: phyton, perl, ruby

The best thing is you won't have to download/install it all by yourself

ps: Asking for what the best distro is, won't get you far since everyone has different tastes
So everyone will give you another answer (and if you ask your question in the wrong forum, it'll probably turn out in a huge flame war)
Quote Originally Posted by schim View Post
Install back track 3/4(it's a flavor of unbunto)
BackTrack Linux - Penetration Testing Distributionⓘ

It has all the stuf you need already set up
And because it's a little black hat, you've got some of the best penetration tools out there (metasploit, hydra...)

Also installed: phyton, perl, ruby

The best thing is you won't have to download/install it all by yourself

ps: Asking for what the best distro is, won't get you far since everyone has different tastes
So everyone will give you another answer (and if you ask your question in the wrong forum, it'll probably turn out in a huge flame war)
hehe BT4 is what i use
Use a text editor.
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
Use a text editor.
That's what I'm using now, it'd be preferable to get an actual IDE.
Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post
I'm real happy for you and Imma letchu finish, but Ubuntu is the best Linux Distro of all time.
I actually can't agree with that D=
I think Slackware is the best Linux distro of all time. But I still see what you did there.

Anyways, back on topic.
This is a good book on programming linux and things like that. I believe it's for C, but I could be mistaken. Probably worth checking out
Download Advanced Linux Programming

~lilneo
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
Mind linking me to a good one?

I don't know what's good and what isn't.
Get Ubuntu.

Download | Ubuntu
Posts 16–27 of 27 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us