32 bit vs 64

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
32 bit vs 64
I havent really touched 64 bit before, mostly been coding for private use on my 32 bit. But now Im working on a hack for CA which runs smooth on my system, but fails for friends using Win 7 and 64 bit. In fact, nothing happens for them.

I dont really know how to approach this, from what I know there is no CA 64 bit version so I guess it runs as 32 bit on 64 bit systems? Shouldnt that mean that my hack would work fine without changing anything?

I implemented a small error log function that writes to a debug file, like "DLL injected", when game is ready for hook and when a hack is toggled. Works fine for me, the file isnt even created on their systems. So it seems its never even injected. Could it be that they have to use certain injectors for 64 bit? Or is there anything else that could be the problem?
You'll need to change your build target to x64, because the size of an int is bigger on x64. I've never worked on 64 bit before, so I can't tell you exactly what to do.
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
You'll need to change your build target to x64, because the size of an int is bigger on x64. I've never worked on 64 bit before, so I can't tell you exactly what to do.
Shouldnt there be some workaround? I mean, there are lots of hacks that seems to work for 32 bit as well for 64 bit. I recall what you say about the size being bigger, I have a dword and tried dword_ptr instead (think I read somewhere it should automatically adjust to 32/64 bit) but didnt work. Ok, I can try to build to x64 instead.

pady: I gave them PerX, googled and it says it works for 64 bit. But I can also try some other injector.
If they are using 32-bit injector, it might not work for them. Try to give them a 64-bit injector. Example: Casey Injector.
I just did a lot of reading about X64. As I understand it, everything thats x84 goes through WOW64 when it runs as to enable x84 applications to work on it. It also says that only x84 dlls can be loaded into a x84 application and vice versa for X64.

So that should mean its pointless to build for X64 as CA is x84 and therefore it should work fine to inject my hack I built on x84. There must be someone here that has made hacks that works for both architectures that can help me?
I think that In a 32-bit computer, the width (or size) of the data buss is 32-bits wide. A 64-bit buss is twice as wide so the system can move twice as much data around, indows XP Professional x64 Edition will provide the necessary support for the 64 bit applications.
Quote Originally Posted by jennyjohn View Post
I think that In a 32-bit computer, the width (or size) of the data buss is 32-bits wide. A 64-bit buss is twice as wide so the system can move twice as much data around, indows XP Professional x64 Edition will provide the necessary support for the 64 bit applications.
Yo, it's cool that we get your input regarding the subject. But you're not supposed to bump threads over 1 week old. |:
32 Bit is best overall. Because i say so. And Microsoft hasnt been doing the best job at making windows work x64
~ 3 weeks old ~
~~ LOCKED ~~
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us