[Help][Solved]Decompile

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
[Help][Solved]Decompile
Is there a way to convert a finished vb project (.exe) into a vb.net project so you can edit it?
I was busy on a project wich I had a demo of published including the .exe and 2 .dll's but not the code (wich was very large).
So is there a way that I can get my code back?
no but u can c source codes with reflector (if u r lucky)
OllyDbg ... IDA
No, there isn't truly a way.
Quote Originally Posted by omghacker View Post
Is there a way to convert a finished vb project (.exe) into a vb.net project so you can edit it?
I was busy on a project wich I had a demo of published including the .exe and 2 .dll's but not the code (wich was very large).
So is there a way that I can get my code back?
You could always try;
.NET Reflector, class browser, analyzer and decompiler for .NET

To get some commands and codes back.
Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post


You could always try;
.NET Reflector, class browser, analyzer and decompiler for .NET

To get some commands and codes back.
Reflector is epic. It'll give you the form designer code as well, so with a little bit of work you can leech in no time /yea

Just remember to set the language option to Visual Basic not C#!
Why don't I believe you =/

How "long" was that code? What kind of tool was it?

And yea...use .Net Reflector.
I have a hard time as well believing you will need to decompile your own application. especially in vb.net, besides the normal save, theres a build and debug location as well, so your source was deleted from 3 locations...?

Just hard to swallow.

Either case, question is answered. Marked Solved
Don't post unless < 7 days AND necessary.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us