[Tutorial] PUT YOUR NAT TO OPEN!

Posts 1–15 of 44 · Page 1 of 3
[Tutorial] PUT YOUR NAT TO OPEN!
Introduction


Welcome to easy NAT to OPEN bootcamp, rookie! We'll setup your Router and configure alot of stuff! Please read everything first before doing anything, that will prevent most problems and some of these:

BENEFITS OF AN OPEN NAT:
-Faster matchfinding
-Able to host
-Better ping

Requirements:

-Router which supports port forwarding + uPnP
-An brain

PORT FORWARD

My router is ZyXEL P602HW-DIA. So if you also have that, you're lucky.

1.
Go to start menu > run > type: "cmd" without quotes > click ok.

2.
In command prompt, "type: ipconfig /all"

3.
Copy your default gateway.



4.
Paste the numbers of the default gateway into your web browser.
So if yours is 192.168.1.1, it would be http://192.168.1.1

5.
Enter your routers Password.



If you don't know your routers password, here's an list of all router default passwords.

6.
We all got different routers, so firmware will be different. For ZyXEL: Network > NAT > Port Forwarding

For other ones then ZyXEL, i advise you to check everything until you find Port Forwarding settings.

7.
First, enable NAT at ZyXEL it should be on at Default. Second, enable uPnP. ZyXEL: Advanced > uPnP > Check both.

Other routers, i suggest you also search everything for uPnP and NAT.

8.
If you've done those 2, we gonna start port forwarding. Select add port on the page, or something like that.

(If there's an "-" between the ports i put here, you gotta range forward.)

then add the following ports:

TCP:
<START PORT>27014 - <END PORT>27050

UDP:
1500, 3005, 3101, 27000

TCP & UDP:
80, 443

It would look like this on the end:



9.
If it asks for an IP, go repeat step 1 and 2, and then copy IPv4 Address, and insert that as your IP.

10.
Restart your router, and you're done with the Port Forwarding!

Firewall/Antivirus

ONLY DO THIS IF YOUR NAT IS STILL STRICT
An Firewall or Antivirus may block incoming connections, that means that NAT will be Strict. So i got 2 options for you.

1a.
Go to control panel > system and security > windows firewall > allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall > add iw4mp.exe and iw4sp.exe

iw4sp.exe and iw4mp.exe are located in:
NON-STEAM: C:\Program Files\Activision\Modern Warfare 2
STEAM: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2

2a.
Open anti-virus > advanced settings > allow expection > add iw4mp.exe and iw4sp.exe

3a.
Restart Windows

OTHER OPTION

1b.
Turn off Windows Firewall

2b.
Turn off Anti Virus

3b.
Restart Windows

FAQ:

Q: Is it actually safe to disable anti-virus and firewall?
A: I don't recommend it. I putted firewall off, but not my Anti-Virus

Q: It still is not open!
A: Read the tutorial again, and see if you made any mistakes. If not you can PM me for an Teamview session.

Q: 123
A: 456

Q: I don't need your guide! I have DMZ open! HAHA
A: DMZ disables all security software on your router. So, your PC will be fucked.


IMPORTNANT FIX for AlterIWnet users:

Go to mw2 directory and change iw4mp.dat to iw4mp.exe

This is extremely easy! U have to put uPnP on only and rename!

(If you change iw4mp.dat to iw4mp.exe you cannot receive anymore updates from AlterIWnet, so be sure to back it up)

_________________________________________________

THATS IT! I HOPE IT WORKS!

DON'T FORGET TO SAY THANKS!

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´¶´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶
´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶
´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
thanks for sharing bro
Many people don't know about router firmwares and options.

I'm sure this guide will help a lot of people.
I knew this already but I needed someone to help me enter the right ports!
THANKS x10 dude!
iw4sp.exe and iw4mp.exe ISNT located in C:\Program Files\Activision\Modern Warfare 2

Its: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2
Quote Originally Posted by Xizors View Post
iw4sp.exe and iw4mp.exe ISNT located in C:\Program Files\Activision\Modern Warfare 2

Its: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2
Maybe thats where he installed it to?
Quote Originally Posted by Xizors View Post
iw4sp.exe and iw4mp.exe ISNT located in C:\Program Files\Activision\Modern Warfare 2

Its: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2
Oh yeah, gotta add directory's for and steam ones.
am i wrong or this isn't allowed at MPGH :O?
Quote Originally Posted by /b/oss View Post
am i wrong or this isn't allowed at MPGH :O?
why is that?..
I don't its working 100 % but its still says in red Nat strait.

but some people can join my party
Quote Originally Posted by Mr gold View Post
I don't its working 100 % but its still says in red Nat strait.

but some people can join my party
Try to restart your router. (well thats what I do and it always goes Open)
Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post


Try to restart your router. (well thats what I do and it always goes Open)

Restart router you mean like remove kabel and put in again?
Nooo...try port forwarding or even get a lynskis modem, is the best ^^
WOW!!! WTF I AM SO LUCKY!!
I GOT THE SAME ROUTER!!!
Quote Originally Posted by drakesajin View Post
WOW!!! WTF I AM SO LUCKY!!
I GOT THE SAME ROUTER!!!
lol.......does it work ?

Anyways, lyniskis is the only router i know how to port forward
Posts 1–15 of 44 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us