Validity as a beginning language

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Validity as a beginning language
So I want to know before I get too far into c++, I would like to know how smart of a choice it is as my first language. I hear c++ is a hard language, even mire so when you don't have experience. Is there any problems that can arise for me later on?

If it would be better for me to Understand the basics of programming and learn a different language first then I'll do that instead. I was thinking of swithing over to java, because in the end I want to learn c++ and the syntax is really similar. Also that I hear that it's a good language for beginners. I have about a week of studying c++ so it wouldn't matter much if I switch over.
Quote Originally Posted by ez2animate View Post
So I want to know before I get too far into c++, I would like to know how smart of a choice it is as my first language. I hear c++ is a hard language, even mire so when you don't have experience. Is there any problems that can arise for me later on?

If it would be better for me to Understand the basics of programming and learn a different language first then I'll do that instead. I was thinking of swithing over to java, because in the end I want to learn c++ and the syntax is really similar. Also that I hear that it's a good language for beginners. I have about a week of studying c++ so it wouldn't matter much if I switch over.
I've started with C++, there were many people telling me to start off with something easyer, but I didn't listen looking at it now I still have no regrets

C++ is a fine language to start with, it will take some time, but then you have one of the most powerfull languages under your control
Yeah that's how I feel right now. Everything the book has covered I understood so far. I'm kind if hard headed so when I want something I won't stop until I get it.

The only trouble I have is right now with arrays and pointers and strings, well not so much arrays because it's just like a sting of numbers. More so pointers, but I think rlthe book is at fault because it's not going too in depth on it. But then again it says it's an introductory into the language and I WILL need another book.

Other than that I think I have grasped everything so far.
Learn malbolge.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us