[Contest] Clash of the Titans [IDEAS]

Posts 1–15 of 106 · Page 1 of 8
[Contest] Clash of the Titans [IDEAS]
That's right folks, the sections heavyweights are pitting themselves against each other in a bitter struggle to the death.

Not really, just a nice friendly bit of competition with 2 of the best coders in the VB section

COMPETITORS

In the red corner, representing MPGH: NextGen1

and in the blue corner, representing the "allegedly-not-dead" Michael Jackson: Xscapism.


Okay folks, we need some ideas for the topic, so post em up. It's the competition of a lifetime, get your ideas in!
Hahah, hilarious.

OK, NG let's keep them entertained
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post

OK, NG let's keep them entertained
No live cam shows please, strictly programming only
Hilarious, and Will do.

Just get us a concept.
My idea: html parser or something along those lines. I could use one
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
My idea: html parser or something along those lines. I could use one
Great idea, I am ready !!
Ok, too simple in my opinion, but sure. We settled on this? or want some more ideas?
We will let the ideas coming for 2-3 days, and if we don't find a better one than this...we will make the parser.
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
Ok, too simple in my opinion, but sure. We settled on this? or want some more ideas?
PHP Simple HTML DOM Parser

I want to see all those features. And lets say it has to work with reasonably broken up html. It has to support xhtml / html / html5, it must output a valid html file. That hard enough for you?

Xscapism asked to to write down I few thinks I would want to see, check back in 5 mins.
  • open html from url, from file, as a variable passed when calling on the program
  • find out what version of html it is
  • according to that version parse (as best as possible) the html opened
  • try to fix any errors in the html file, if not possible try to recover after hitting an error
  • ability to search through the parsed html and find elements and their children based on commonly used selectors
  • modifying elements and their attributes
  • outputting a valid html file in the end


Support for the following:
  • html 4 (all varieties, including strict)
  • xhtml 1.01 (again, strict if possible)
  • html 5
  • any css in the document, including all the new CSS3 features
No not hard enough, however, Whatever concept is chosen, it has to be left to the designer to determine what is best to include, otherwise it's a targeted contest, the designer must design the application with all users in mind, but with no help from any other member, I will not be including any member of my team at all. Not for questioning or design. Let's consider MPGH.net the market, and we the designers, we must determine what they want in the application, without direct instructions.

Fair?
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
No not hard enough, however, Whatever concept is chosen, it has to be left to the designer to determine what is best to include, otherwise it's a targeted contest, the designer must design the application with all users in mind, but with no help from any other member, I will not be including any member of my team at all. Not for questioning or design. Let's consider MPGH.net the market, and we the designers, we must determine what they want in the application, without direct instructions.

Fair?
i hate those kind of costumers... <.< lulz..
Oh if possible I would like to comment on all the flaws of the processed html if possible
I propose a full-blown game maker, lots of features. It would appeal to a game oriented forum such as this.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I propose a full-blown game maker, lots of features. It would appeal to a game oriented forum such as this.
game engine? that needs a team to be made.. =o

unless it is like and drag and drop 2d game or so ^^
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I propose a full-blown game maker, lots of features. It would appeal to a game oriented forum such as this.
If you're mocking me then you're not being funny. What I'm requesting is something simple, but detailed.
Posts 1–15 of 106 · Page 1 of 8
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?