[Help]Unwritable Address?

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
[Help]Unwritable Address?
Okay, so, I know this is possible because I have another hack made by a friend that does it, but for some reason I can't. Writing to host_timescale just will not work, I have sv_cheats and sv_consistency bypassed but if I write to host_timescale it just doesn't do anything. I tried using VirtualProtect with PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE privileges but that's not working either. I also checked the return pointer from that and there was no errors initially, so I don't think it needs VirtualProtect. But other than that, host_timescale uses engine.dll and so does sv_cheats and sv_consistency and they are working fine. So the module is being found, and I checked and the address is correct each time. Even in Cheat Engine, if I find host_timescale and change it through there, it wont change ingame. What is going on? When I turn on my bypass I can change host_timescale through the console when without the bypass I can't.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
~lilneo
The resource may be locked, or a component of the game may be continuously (re)writing the value to that resource.
I am continuously rewriting that address. And how could it be locked?
~lilneo
Quote Originally Posted by lilneo View Post
I am continuously rewriting that address. And how could it be locked?
~lilneo
locked is just the program rewriting that same value over and over really fast

Quote Originally Posted by lilneo View Post
I am continuously rewriting that address. And how could it be locked?
~lilneo
locked is just the program rewriting that same value over and over really fast
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us