[Challenge]Yourself

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
[Challenge]Yourself
Challenge:Yourself
I have decided to test your limits.
Every week from this point on, I will come up with a challenging idea.
If you want to test what you have learned, or test what you know, or simply push yourself further, then take on these tasks, thwy won't be easy, but they will fill in some empty time, and allow you to push yourself a little harder, and learn a little more.

Microsoft Ad Center Management System

If you don't know what Microsoft Ad Center is, it is very similar to google adsense. You can advertise your website or product in BING. However, the management system is online and not in the best format.

Your challenge is to make a " Microsoft Ad Center Managment System using Web Services.

You can make your first full featured application by consuming a web service API offered by Microsoft. (be sure to have a live or hotmail account)

The Microsoft adCenter application programming interface (API) enables you to create applications that can do the following:

Create and manage adCenter campaigns, ad groups, keywords, and ads.
Obtain the status on ad groups, keywords, and ads.
Pause and resume ad groups.
Generate keyword estimates.
Generate reports about campaign performance.
Perform ad group targeting.


Administration

https://adcenterapi.microsoft.com/Ap...rvice.svc?wsdl

Campaign Management

https://adcenterapi.microsoft.com/Ap...rvice.svc?wsdl

Customer Billing

https://sharedservices.adcenterapi.m...rvice.svc?wsdl

Customer Management

https://sharedservices.adcenterapi.m...rvice.svc?wsdl

Notification Management

https://adcenterapi.microsoft.com/Ap...ment.asmx?wsdl

Reporting

https://adcenterapi.microsoft.com/Ap...rvice.svc?wsdl

Secure Data Management

https://securityservices.adcenterapi...rvice.svc?wsdl


Consume the web Service in VB.net and have fun.

Feel free to submit your release in this thread.


The webservice? No, Ad Center (to promote does) but that's not your task, let your users (of your applications) worry about that.
Err...NG do you really think someone' gonna participate in this ?? Its a great idea and challenging too but...
Doesn't matter if they do.
Just so many people VM / PM me asking if I have ideas for them to work on to keep them busy.

Here is one. If they really want to move forward I suggest it, working with web services can be challenging, and learning how to use them will increase the basic VB developers knowledge.

So if someone wants to learn more, they should attempt it. If not, their loss really.
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
Doesn't matter if they do.
Just so many people VM / PM me asking if I have ideas for them to work on to keep them busy.

Here is one. If they really want to move forward I suggest it, working with web services can be challenging, and learning how to use them will increase the basic VB developers knowledge.

So if someone wants to learn more, they should attempt it. If not, their loss really.
I agree that it will boost their knowledge, but don't forget that you posted it where most members can't perform efficient string manipulation !!
Quote Originally Posted by MJLover View Post
I agree that it will boost their knowledge, but don't forget that you posted it where most members can't perform efficient string manipulation !!
I Agree, let's hope they find some tuts, read up, ask more questions and by the end of this , learn a little more then string manipulation
Quote Originally Posted by MJLover View Post
I agree that it will boost their knowledge, but don't forget that you posted it where most members can't perform efficient string manipulation !!
[php]

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
void main(void)
{
std::string aStringForYou = 'I can has efficient string manipulation. Just Wawch et!'

std::cout << aStringForYou;
std::cin >> aStringForYou;
cout << aStringForYou << "prewf that i can has efficient string manipulation\n";

return 9000;
} [/php]

NG i'm gonna download Visual Studio 2010 after these gay required service packs install

no bsod plocks
Well I'm keen on improving my VB knowledge so I'll definitely tackle this one, I doubt I'll release it but it'll be a good learning experience even if I don't finish it! I do need to improve my string manipulation skills though
@imported, Good, I like your drive.

Try it, learn from it
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
@imported, Good, I like your drive.

Try it, learn from it
I plan to

I'm considering doing a Computer Science course when I go to University next year so I really want to have a firm grasp of at least ONE programming language before then, it'll make uni life that much easier, plus I really enjoy VB
I actually find this interesting, I will attempt to participate.
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us