[Solved]Disable the Mini Map

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
[Solved]Disable the Mini Map
Hellooo everyone,

First of all this may be in the wrong section, it might be better suited for help. Feel free to move it, if so.

However, I thought it would be better for the mod section since it includes a question about mods. My friend and I recently got somewhat hooked on the new zombie mod. But one of our biggest beefs with it is that zombies that are on your team can see where you're at on the mini map. We have been looking for a few ways to disable the mini map via commands but all efforts have failed. Is there any way we can add some sort of code to the mod to disable the map or have some kind of UAV jammer up at all the times in order to prevent people from staring at the mini map to find players?

In one of my google searches I found a code like this "self RadarJamOn();" but I wasn't sure where to include it in the original code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: Sorry, House, I just read your new rules for this section and found that there is a sort of mod discussion section. I'll wait for a moderator to move this rather than posting another thread in that section.
yeah, wrong section is 1 day ban
/Moved
and I dont like ur avatar at all
Try this?
[php]self setClientDvar("compasssize", 0);[/php]
The above compasssize ; 0 should work.
I believe this is the second time me + house has said we don't like your avatar.
We will go down hard on you if you don't change it. Like how wrong section is a one day ban?
Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I believe this is the second time me + house has said we don't like your avatar.
We will go down hard on you if you don't change it. Like how wrong section is a one day ban?
I am very sorry I posted this in the wrong section, in my defense though, you only posted that there was a new section for modding discussion a week ago. I will be more careful in the future though. As for my avatar, I did not see your original posts on wanting me to change it. I will change it, however I am very confused as to why I need to change it. Are there some sort of rules against certain avatars? What is wrong with it? Send me a personal message if need be. I am very confused as to why you are both so offended by it.

Also, it looks as though you have taken mercy on me and not banned me. However, if you wish, feel free to ban me for a day as I unintentionally broke one of the rules. It will be a good lesson to me and a good example to new members.

Quote Originally Posted by master131
Try this?
Where do I edit this into _rank.gsc? Can I just place it anywhere?
Quote Originally Posted by jesus10 View Post
I am very sorry I posted this in the wrong section, in my defense though, you only posted that there was a new section for modding discussion a week ago. I will be more careful in the future though. As for my avatar, I did not see your original posts on wanting me to change it. I will change it, however I am very confused as to why I need to change it. Are there some sort of rules against certain avatars? What is wrong with it? Send me a personal message if need be. I am very confused as to why you are both so offended by it.

Also, it looks as though you have taken mercy on me and not banned me. However, if you wish, feel free to ban me for a day as I unintentionally broke one of the rules. It will be a good lesson to me and a good example to new members.



Where do I edit this into _rank.gsc? Can I just place it anywhere?
Yes you can use it anywhere.
Quote Originally Posted by jesus10 View Post
I am very sorry I posted this in the wrong section, in my defense though, you only posted that there was a new section for modding discussion a week ago. I will be more careful in the future though. As for my avatar, I did not see your original posts on wanting me to change it. I will change it, however I am very confused as to why I need to change it. Are there some sort of rules against certain avatars? What is wrong with it? Send me a personal message if need be. I am very confused as to why you are both so offended by it.

Also, it looks as though you have taken mercy on me and not banned me. However, if you wish, feel free to ban me for a day as I unintentionally broke one of the rules. It will be a good lesson to me and a good example to new members.



Where do I edit this into _rank.gsc? Can I just place it anywhere?
Rules are rules. It's not hard to notice a new section and read the rules for that section...

As for your response to me...
You could write poems
(PS: we never said you had to change it, just we dont like it)
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
Yes you can use it anywhere.
Thanks, I just tried it and it seems to work until I pick a team, then the screen strangely goes black.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post


Rules are rules. It's not hard to notice a new section and read the rules for that section...

As for your response to me...
You could write poems
(PS: we never said you had to change it, just we dont like it)
Ahaha, thanks, I probably wouldn't be very good at poems though, because I'm german and even though it may seem I have a good grasp of the english language I'm still learning

Why don't you guys like it though? Is there some sort of significance behind it? I just picked it because I thought it looked funny. I'm changing it anyways though. I don't want to offend anyone.
Change onJoinedTeam() to this:
[php]onJoinedTeam()
{
self endon("disconnect");

for(;
{
self waittill( "joined_team" );
self thread removeRankHUD();
self VisionSetNakedForPlayer(getDvar("mapname"), 0);
}
}[/php]
Quote Originally Posted by Insane
We will go down hard on you if you don't change it. Like how wrong section is a one day ban?
anyways, tried master's fix, it works. was always wondering how to do that
Flame again and you'll get your arse banned Double.

/marked as solved
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?