[Question]CodeDemon's D3D Menu Base Compile Complication!

Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2
[Question]CodeDemon's D3D Menu Base Compile Complication!
Well, yes I am a noob at C++ but I still want to learn how all this works. Well I tried your base CodeDemon.

When I try to build it just to test it out, it gives me this error:

[PHP]1>------ Build started: Project: shugeevan CA NA v2.0, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>D3DBase.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\shugee\desktop\codedemond3dbase\codedemon d3dbase\functions.h(6) : error C2664: 'ID3DXFont:rawTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char []' to 'LPCWSTR'
1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1>c:\documents and settings\shugee\desktop\codedemond3dbase\codedemon d3dbase\d3dbase.cpp(185) : error C2664: 'GetModuleHandleW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [9]' to 'LPCWSTR'
1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Shugee\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>shugeevan CA NA v2.0 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========/PHP]

Could you help me with that please?

Please and thank you!
Change your project from unibyte to multibyte
Yep go into your project settings and change it from unicode to multibyte.

Edit: Also compile in release mode
Well the compile I have figured out..and I'm using Visual Studio 2008 (C++ Studio), where can I find the Project settings? [Told you I was noob :P]

Thanks btw. Both of you!

Edit* Figured it out (:

Edit*: New error: [php]1>------ Build started: Project: shugeevan CA NA v2.0, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Base.cpp
1>D3DBase.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Compiling manifest to resources...
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>Linking...
1>LINK : C:\Documents and Settings\Shugee\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Debug\shugeevan CA NA v2.0.dll not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
1>D3DBase.obj : error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in Base.obj
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3dx9.lib'
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Shugee\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>shugeevan CA NA v2.0 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========/php]


All I know is that it has to do with the Lib folder from DirectX
Quote Originally Posted by shugeevan View Post
Well the compile I have figured out..and I'm using Visual Studio 2008 (C++ Studio), where can I find the Project settings? [Told you I was noob :P]

Thanks btw. Both of you!

Edit* Figured it out (:

Edit*: New error: [php]1>------ Build started: Project: shugeevan CA NA v2.0, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Base.cpp
1>D3DBase.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Compiling manifest to resources...
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>Linking...
1>LINK : C:\Documents and Settings\Shugee\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Debug\shugeevan CA NA v2.0.dll not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
1>D3DBase.obj : error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in Base.obj
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3dx9.lib'
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Shugee\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>shugeevan CA NA v2.0 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========/php]


All I know is that it has to do with the Lib folder from DirectX
Build your project in release mode, also make sure you added the sdk manually. You can google this as I don't use VC++ 2008.
Quote Originally Posted by shugeevan View Post
Well the compile I have figured out..and I'm using Visual Studio 2008 (C++ Studio), where can I find the Project settings? [Told you I was noob :P]

Thanks btw. Both of you!

Edit* Figured it out (:

Edit*: New error: [php]1>------ Build started: Project: shugeevan CA NA v2.0, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Base.cpp
1>D3DBase.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Compiling manifest to resources...
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>Linking...
1>LINK : C:\Documents and Settings\Shugee\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Debug\shugeevan CA NA v2.0.dll not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
1>D3DBase.obj : error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in Base.obj
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3dx9.lib'
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Shugee\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Hacker CA NA v1.0\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>shugeevan CA NA v2.0 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========/php]


All I know is that it has to do with the Lib folder from DirectX
First sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian.
I had the same problem reinstall Microsoft SDK 2010 and look at the folder if it was not as "Microsoft SDK 2010 (June 2010)" Switch to "Microsoft SDK"
(must already exist on a computer) And Use VisualStudio2010 .Hope that helps. And Again sorry for the English used online translator
put A after DrawText and after GetModuleHandle
Quote Originally Posted by UltimateX1 View Post
put A after DrawText and after GetModuleHandle
Does nothing. There the exact same thing.
Quote Originally Posted by whatup777+ View Post
Does nothing. There the exact same thing.
gits rid of the error try it
Quote Originally Posted by UltimateX1 View Post
gits rid of the error try it
lol no it doesn't, who taught you c++ /
Quote Originally Posted by markoj View Post
lol no it doesn't, who taught you c++ /
go try... works for me.
Quote Originally Posted by UltimateX1 View Post
go try... works for me.
I already fixed it, but not like that
Quote Originally Posted by markoj View Post
I already fixed it, but not like that
well next time you get it try

ps. i know you on a few other forums /yea
Install the DirectX SDK. Reference the include and lib files into your Visual C++ Directories.
Download the Microsoft SDK Librarys and include them to your project this should do
Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us