Virus - PLEASE HELP!

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
Virus - PLEASE HELP!
I was trying to download OpenOffice, because I had written a speech and needed to print it off. I google OpenOffice, go to a website, looks exactly like the legit one. I click download. I have this program on my other computer and at school, so I thought it was safe. Once, I install.. A hacker.swf pops up, and i'm thinking.. "Shit!". This keeps going on, random websites and what not, mainly porn. :/ I restart my computer, and deny the proper process that the hacker used. So, now no more pop-up websites. But, he still has control over my computer, I wrote something on a notepad, and he opened a video software (like skype) and responded, "I can't read that, please paste it here". I then shut my computer down and unplugged it, so he has no access. What should I do to fix this, and get him out? As I see, my Father is cleaning the computer (literally cleaning it out). Idk if this will work or not. But it won't allow to uninstall the software.. Help, please??
Try safe mode, alternatively try the live boot version of AVG or a similar AV (boot from the CD and scan): AVG - AVG Rescue CD Guide

I'll be on later tomorrow to give you more detailed instructions if you need them, I gotta go sleep now
I think my dad fixed it, thanks neways
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us