Middleman Scammers

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Middleman Scammers
The new fad these days seems to be largely middleman scamming. In a sense, it's basically posing as being a middleman, usually it's the person you are trading who is posing as the middleman too, with another account. The scammer creates a new account, usually using [mpgh]mmname, or something relating to that sort of name, and stealing everything, and disappearing, and making the other "trader" look completely innocent. It's hard to know for sure if the person you are using as a middleman is the real deal. Personally, the only things I use as a contacting service (MSN, Skype, TeamSpeak, and Xfire), I took the time to register my name to keep scammers from using it to ruin my name. However, not all OFFICIAL middlemen have done it, so it varies to person to person.

The safest way is to trade through MPGH's PM system, that way, the middleman is the real deal, and he can swap in convenience. So, if you are planning on trading soon, please don't trade through any thing other than MPGH. A few people have already fell victim to this scam.

Please use the discussion thread below if you have anything to add/discuss.

[Links]

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/123-warroc..._scammers.html
Uh, yeah. If I contact you, it isn't me. I'll never contact you. I'll wait for you to contact me. Also, i only use MSN and Teamspeak. So, yeah...just throwing that out there.
I will NOT (Emphasis) do middleman trades. I am far too busy.
*cough*Youmeanselfish*cough*

Maybe we should consider doing another official middle man list

You know, one that's uptodate
I could be a middle man. I don't care about peoples Runescpae\Warrock Items. What about Kanna, isn't he a trusted member. Or even Gourav. As much as he is a cocksucker, I can't imagine him stealing anything.
Quote Originally Posted by NetNavi View Post
*cough*Youmeanselfish*cough*

Maybe we should consider doing another official middle man list

You know, one that's uptodate
iunno or not
Well, I for one, will consider becoming a middle man
Quote Originally Posted by NetNavi View Post
Well, I for one, will consider becoming a middle man
ppl will sitll lose their shit
why a seperate discussion thread, why not discuss it here... ?
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us