[Release] Complete File Reference Guide V1

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
[Release] Complete File Reference Guide V1
So I started this piece after Spacedllama suggested it to me seeing as how I can name almost any gun file in the game off the top of my head, and where it is located. But I am going to be posting a simple version here for the sake of space, but please download the attachment for a MUCH more in depth guide to where files are located, and what they do. I will detail out more whats in the guide after this. This guide is mainly to help out texture modders, so I am assuming that this would be the right section. But if not feel free to move it.

So below is a list of every gun in the game (MP anyways) followed by the name of the file, and then comes the IWd in which it is located. Like so:

Gun Name
Name of actual file
IWD where its located

So lets begin.
Assualt rifles

M4A1
weapon_m4_short_col
IW_07
FAMAS
weapon_famas_f1_col
IW_07
SCAR-H
weapon_scar_h_col
IW_07
TAR-21
weapon_tavor_col
IW_07
FAL
weapon_fn_fal_new_col
IW_07
M16A4
weapon_m16_col
IW_07
ACR
weapon_magpul_masada_new_col
IW_07
F2000
weapon_fn2000_new_col
IW_07
AK-47
weapon_ak_tactical_col
IW_06

Sub Machine Guns

MP5K
weapon_mp5k_col
IW_07
UMP .45
weapon_ump45_new_col
IW_07
Vector
weapon_kirss_vector_col
IW_07
P90
weapon_p90_new_col
IW_07
Mini-Uzi
weapon_mini_uzi_new_col
IW_07

Sniper Rifles

Intervention
weapon_cheytac_new_col
IW_07
Barret .50 Cal
weapon_m82_new_col
IW_07
M14EBR
weapon_m14ebr_col
IW_07
WA2000
weapon_wa2000_rifle_col
IW_07

LMG's

L86 LSW
weapon_sa80_new_col
IW_07
RPD
weapon_rpd_new_col_palstic
IW_07
MG4
weapon_mg4_rifle_col
IW_07
AUG HBAR
weapon_steyr_col
IW_07
M240
weapon_m240_col
IW_07

Handguns

USP.45
weapon_usp_col
IW_07
.44 Magnum
weapon_colt_annaconda_44_col
IW_07
M9
weapon_baretta_c
IW_06
Desert Eagle
weapon_desert_eagle_tactical_col
IW_07

Machine Pistols
PP2000
weapon_pp2000_col
IW_07
Gay18
weapon_glock_new_col
IW_07
Raffica
weapon_baretta_393_col
IW_06
TMP
weapon_mp9_new_col
IW_07

Shotguns
SPAS-12
weapon_spas12_col
IW_07
AA-12
weapon_aa12_2_col
IW_06
Striker
weapon_striker_col
IW_07
Rangers
sawed_off_double_barrel_col
IW_04
M1014
weapon_m1014_col
IW_07
Model 1887
weapon_model1887_col
IW_07

Launchers

AT4
weapon_at4_col
IW_06
Thumper
weapon_m79_col
IW_07
Stinger
weapon_stinger_col
IW_07
Javelin
javelin_col
IW_02
RPG-7
weapon_rpg7_2_col
IW_07

Riot Shield

Riot Shield
weapon_riot_shield_col
IW_07


Now for the actual txt file I am going to attach. It contains MOST if not ALL of the files associated with EVERY gun in the game, locations, and a semi-detailed description of what any other files may be. This IS a V1 however, and a few things are left to question. But thes questionable files are not too necessary for modding, but will be fixed for V2 anyways. If you find any non-grammatical errors please let me know here. They will be fixed in V2 with thanks/credit to you.

----Virus Scans
Virustotal 0/43
Jotti 0/19
(note: I had to upload as a .zip because the max size for a .doc is like 19 kb. So extract, then open with wordpad.)


This work has been released under the Creative Commons License
PS: sticky would be nice, but there may be too many already.
File Reference Guide.zipattachment deleted · 322 downloads before removal
Great jawb man

/Approved
/Sticked
Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
Great jawb man

/Approved
/Sticked
yeshhh house approves! and I got Mah sticky! /

But seriously. thanks.
Yea good job this will be helpful
nice this will help the people that are new to textures or wanting to start their own =)
Good job man. Now you just need to upload out joint pack
Bleh. I was planning on doing a V2 for this to clean up some of the stuff in there, but nobody seemed to give any feedback, and it seems like its more work than needed anyways. So just let it be known that there will be no V2 for this, and if I am going to be doing anything with this, it will be a guide for Black Ops. No reason to start now, as nobody can even mod guns atm, but when the method arrives, I will get to work on a guide like this for BO.

Again, as much as I talked about it in the guide, there will no longer be a V2.
The Correct Is Assault Rifle and not Assualt Rifle
Quote Originally Posted by Razorx12 View Post
The Correct Is Assault Rifle and not Assualt Rifle
Read the notes at the end of the guide.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?