QuestionProgram Used To Code Java???

Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
Program Used To Code Java???
What do you use to code Java??

visual basic = Microsoft visual basic studio
c++ = Microsoft C++ studio
java = ???
Net Beans !
Umm do you have java jdk because you need that. Most people who code java use eclipse i use net beans.
It's called a compiler. btw.
Umm I use netbeans, It's more to it, you can do a lot with it.
Jcreator is good for starters, with a simplified UI.
Quote Originally Posted by Fantomfury26 View Post
It's called a compiler. btw.
Umm I use netbeans, It's more to it, you can do a lot with it.
Jcreator is good for starters, with a simplified UI.
Oh Lord, In java's case, and for the sake of the OP's question it's called a IDE (integrated development environment). A graphical development front end built for the compiler. , a compiler is what is used to finalize the application. When you select Build in the menu the IDE invokes the compiler to compile the program.

Yes, by nature you can call it a "Compiler" however it's final task is as a compiler, it is over all a IDE.

A list of IDE's for Java would be , NetBeans, Gel, Eclipse (My favorite) , BlueJ, Borland JBuilder, JCreator.

If you want a free assembler.

Java Bytecode Assembler
Jasmin
Quote Originally Posted by Fantomfury26 View Post
It's called a compiler. btw.
Umm I use netbeans, It's more to it, you can do a lot with it.
Jcreator is good for starters, with a simplified UI.
Your stupidity amazes me..
The compiler works in the background of an IDE <-- what its called
Use BlueJ if your just starting out. Trust me the minimalist design is great for beginners. Eclipse will blow you away. I think its too much for a newbie to take in all at once. Undoubtedly after learning the basics you will graduate to a real IDE like Eclipse. Though there's a steep learning curve, the benefits of working with a powerful IDE will definitely be worth it once you begin to take on larger projects.
Create your own
Even though it's not so "newbie" Eclipse gets my vote.
I'd vote for three - Jmonkeyengine, Netbeans and Eclipse. I used 'Eclipse' even when I was a absolute newbie to programming... but I now use NetBeans more for all my non-game-related projects. JMonkeyEngine, I just started using. It's got some quite cool libraries, which incorporate physics, graphics and loads of other things into any 3d games you make.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

bumped an almost 2 year old thread
As previously stated, you need a compiler which comes in most if not all popular IDEs.
I personally use IntelliJ most of the time because its very stable, but it does lack in some areas.
But when I am developing for Android, Eclipse is better because of the perfect ADK(android development kit) integration.
The debugging feature in Eclipse is really worth it, Eclipse has a built in Editor, Debugger, Filemanager, Syntaxhilighting and Compiler. The list can go on.
Eclipse is your bet.
I usually use Eclipse, but when I'm developing my runescape pserver I usually use Notepad++
Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us