[Request Help] C++ executable for debug session .dll

Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2
[Request Help] C++ executable for debug session .dll
Everytime i try and debug a code the output comes up with building and everything, and then i click Yes to this pop-up.
And then another pop-up comes and is called Executable for Debug session, and this pop-up says: Please specify the name of the executable file to be used for the debug session.
Then i have to chose some Executable File Name, comes with a dropdown menu that contains regsvr32.
Then under that another thing says: URL where the project can be accessed (ATL servers only).

I go to Project - Properties - Debugging

and the command line is empty
and the command arguments also,

Please help me, Tell me what i should enter in there

Regards

Ryski
What are you trying to debug? Dll hack or?
Specify pl0x
Because a DLL can't execute alone, it needs an executable to run in.

If you're making a DLL that is to be injected, just inject it into whatever you need to. If not, load it using LoadLibrary and import whatever you're exporting from it?

\:
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
import whatever you're exporting from it? \:
/insert facepalm here
Quote Originally Posted by fukojr2 View Post


/insert facepalm here
From the executable, import whatever functions you are exporting from the DLL.
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
From the executable, import whatever functions you are exporting from the DLL.
You gotta admit that your last two posts on the thread have be
/facepalm-palooza
Don't deny it Dabid. (See what I did there with the b)
Who do you think you are tweak? I think all the massive 72 posts you have are /facepalm-palooza.

contribute or gtfo.
Them darn Koreans always trying to take over... *Cough*
Anyway, if it means anything I think like 99% of my posts are in the c++ section. I only posted once or twice outside of it.

Anyway, a dll (in stupid terms) is like a file that just holds all the commands to do. It doesn't have anything to execute as a windows application, rather, it can be used by windows applications. So when you compile the dll, it makes a file then from there you would inject that file into a process (your game) or something and then your code in the dll would execute.

(Tried to make it as simple as I could)
~lilneo
Oh mah gawd... this might actually be the first time I agree with the korean ;o
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
Oh mah gawd... this might actually be the first time I agree with the korean ;o
Miracles happening everywhere..
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
Oh mah gawd... this might actually be the first time I agree with the korean ;o
I wub you wesley. I love when people insult me and they don't even know I probably joined before them
Go and double click any DLL on your computer, and see what it does.
Idk... Koreans been trolling a long time. So many accs I can't keep up. Kinda funny that he would be the one to tell you the sdfu though...

Point is a DLL = Dynamic Linked Library.
All they are are libraries. Sorta like the "static" libraries you use all the time for function like cout and cin. If you didn't code it chances are the library code is being "linked" into your program. The only difference is DLL's load or "link" at runtime (hence their name). An executable can load a DLL quite simply, by using the LoadLibrary() API. Upon loading the DLL will have a chance to execute its main method, but plenty of DLL's don't run any code, but simply do nothing and export code when needed.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Idk... Koreans been trolling a long time. So many accs I can't keep up. Kinda funny that he would be the one to tell you the sdfu though...
I iz trololol longestz... Trololol is fun.
OT: What dll is the OP trying to debug?
Do you have the latest .net framework?
Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us