Share your progress

Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
Share your progress
For example,


I've gathered the needed coordinates for 11/14 maps for my Marked Man mod's RC-XD powerups. 3 maps to go. Gathering coords - not entertaining.
I can't continue with my mod much because there is no mod support.. But I've done the basics and I will never include a stupid menu in it



P.S. I removed that "match begins in"
Quote Originally Posted by [WhA]4FunPlayin View Post
I can't continue with my mod much because there is no mod support.. But I've done the basics and I will never include a stupid menu in it


P.S. I removed that "match begins in"
Thats no excuse.

And ye, I did the same thing for Marked Man.

__

K, finished those godamn coords. Time for the PowerUp base code.
That is my friend, that is the reason why I need mod support.
Quote Originally Posted by [WhA]4FunPlayin View Post
That is my friend, that is the reason why I need mod support.
Yeah, sure you'll be able to code AI dogs because you get mod tools, of course it'll make a difference. Because you can do everything with mod tools.
The whole mod is almost finished. I spawned the powerup models, made the powerup base code, made the rest of the mods base code, made instructions, etc.

All I need to do now is add some PowerUps. Atm I only made one that fires off Hind rockets. Any suggestions?
Quote Originally Posted by AZUMIKKEL View Post
The whole mod is almost finished. I spawned the powerup models, made the powerup base code, made the rest of the mods base code, made instructions, etc.

All I need to do now is add some PowerUps. Atm I only made one that fires off Hind rockets. Any suggestions?
Being able to shoot bullets? Since I'm never going to release my RC mod that has bullet/rocket support you can hab the code and play with it:

Code:
doMonitor()
{
	self.ammo = self getWeaponAmmoClip(self.prim);
	self.fired = self.ammo;
	self.reltime = randomIntRange(3, 5);
	
	self endon("death");
	self endon("disconnect");
	while(1) {
		if(self attackButtonPressed()) {
			forward = self.vehicle getTagOrigin("tag_origin");
			end = self thread vector_Scal(anglestoforward(self.vehicle.angles),1000000);
			Crosshair = BulletTrace( forward, end, 0, self )[ "position" ];
			MagicBullet(self.prim, self.vehicle.origin + (0,0,20), Crosshair + (0,0,15));
			self.fired--;
			wait 0.1;
			earthquake( 1, 0.5, Crosshair + (0,0,15), 30); //A bit buggy sometimes make you shake because the bullet speed is not fast enough
			if(self.fired == 0) {
				self iPrintLnBold("Reloading.....");
				wait(self.reltime);
				self iPrintLnBold("Ready!");
				self.fired = 30;
			}
		}
		wait 0.01;
	}
}
vector_scal(vec, scale)
{
        vec = (vec[0] * scale, vec[1] * scale, vec[2] * scale);
        return vec;
}
Quote Originally Posted by AZUMIKKEL View Post
The whole mod is almost finished. I spawned the powerup models, made the powerup base code, made the rest of the mods base code, made instructions, etc.

All I need to do now is add some PowerUps. Atm I only made one that fires off Hind rockets. Any suggestions?
Infinite ammo for 30 seconds.
Double speed for 45 seconds.
God mode for 20 seconds.
Increased weapon damage for 35 seconds.
Minigun for 30 seconds.
Random 5 gun options given and take 1 which lasts for 3 minutes.

This ^_^

EDIT: Oh crap. Just realised you're making an RC mod. Anyway, if someone needs powerups for some custom zombie mod, there you go.
Good idea, I've already got a nice thread (and probably accurate since Treyarch made it) for tracking where you aim. I have one question, is 'self.prim' predefined or a variable you made? Might get use of it some day.


Here's the function i use btw:
[php]getAim()
{
trace_origin = self.rcbomb.origin;
trace_direction = self GetPlayerAngles();
trace_direction = AnglesToForward( trace_direction ) * 5000;
trace = BulletTrace( trace_origin, trace_origin + trace_direction, false, self );
end_origin = trace["position"];
return end_origin;
}[/php]

If you want to use it on a player, use this

[php]getAim()
{
trace_origin = self.origin;
trace_direction = self GetPlayerAngles();
trace_direction = AnglesToForward( trace_direction ) * 5000;
trace = BulletTrace( trace_origin, trace_origin + trace_direction, false, self );
end_origin = trace["position"];
return end_origin;
}[/php]
Woops, self.prim was self getCurrentWeapon().
Oh ;(

I'm finished with the mod until I decide to implement another powerup or two.
So far I have 3. They are displayed with icons so ill just describe those.

Circles: Your car makes a fake explosions 3 times over one second to confuse the Marked Man, plus, you have god mode while this lasts (2 charges)

Rocket: Fires a rocket to what your camera is looking at (2 charges)

Minigun: Fires off 14,2 lethal bullets a second towards where your car is pointing (50 bullets)

When you drive into a powerup you get one of these three randomly and you use them by pressing (or with the minigun, holding) the frag grenade button.

I will make a preview video tomorrow and probably some more powerups. When I am satisfied, I will release the mod.
/me Zombie Dogs mod, info is in the description. Only been working on it since yesterday.
Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?