vb web browser help

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
vb web browser help
so i am making an advanced web browser in vb8 and need help figuring out a code to save youtube videos to a file destination. if possible i would like to know if it is possible to save flash videos too?
All i need is a yes or no.
thanks
what a biter, but it is possible...
my next web browser will have the ability to save to a file and it will be OPEN SOURCE
is it possible for flash videos to be saved and converted?
I'm pretty sure youtube has special security set up so you can't save the video....you can save the page source....but you'd also have to have all the files or full url's for all the source links for it the run the video or even show correctly.

Lots of work, so I'm not even gonna try but I really don't think you can.

Just use the embed code if you want to put it up somewhere else.

Now you can convert video files, just google "Free Video Converter"


(This is just what I would think, maybe it is possible....)
use webclient or httprequest.
First, add this sub procedure:

Code:
Sub DownloadVideo(ByVal videoLink As String)
        Dim I as new System.net.webclient
        Dim x As String = I.DownloadString(videoLink)
        Dim first As String = "delete yt.preload.videoConnection"
        Dim second As String = "img = null"
        Dim f1 As Integer = x.IndexOf(first) + first.Length + 1
        Dim f2 As Integer = x.IndexOf(second, f1) + 1
        Dim final As String = Mid(x, f1, f2 - f1)
        Dim q1 As Integer = final.IndexOf("};") + 3
        Dim q2 As Integer = final.IndexOf(";", q1) + 1
        Dim final2 As String = Mid(final, q1, q2 - q1)
        final2 = final2.Replace("img.src = ", "")
        final2 = final2.Replace("'", "")
        final2 = final2.Replace("http:\/\/", "http://")
        final2 = final2.Replace("\/", "/")
        final2 = final2.Replace("generate_204", "videoplayback")
        final2 = final2.Trim
        Dim ff As New SaveFileDialog
        ff.Filter = "FLV FILE (*.flv)|*.flv"
        If Not ff.ShowDialog = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Cancel Then
            My.Computer.Network.DownloadFile(final2, ff.FileName, "", "", True, 100000, True)
        End If
    End Sub
Then call it as:

Code:
DownloadVideo("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCCnxBos10")
Done !!
Of course if possible. Firefox can do it, so is not impossible...
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us