Arrow[Release]Notes 2.1

Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
[Release]Notes 2.1
Notes 2.1 Release has the new futures:

  • Undo/Redo button
  • Different Buttons for font and font color.
  • Open File dialog works, now.
  • "Text 2 Speech", says whatever is in the text area.
  • "Cap 1st Letters", capitalizes all the first letters of a the words in the text area.
  • and more icons added


And still comes with:
  • Open Text Files and Rich Text Files
  • Save Text Files and Rich Text Files
  • Print whats in the Text Area
  • You can login via gmail and send a email
  • Cut, Copy, Paste and select all.
  • Insert options: Date, time, Date & time, Day of the week, Month.
  • A good encryption/decryption, coded by. NextGen1
  • Text To Binary and Binary To Text.
  • A good looking UI, with fancy icons ^.^


Screen shot:


Looking For Suggestions & Comments
---
Virus Scans:
VirusTotal.com Scan - VirScan.org Scan
Notes 2.1.rarattachment deleted · 12 downloads before removal
New futures? Interesting

What about WordCount/CharacterCount(spaces/nospaces)?

Looks pretty good tho.
1. Thanks for taking my suggestion into considereation and adding seperate buttons
2. I agree with Jason, wordcount would make it a handy little program.

I honestly think notepads are about to become the new webbrowser of VB programming, write up a tut and I think you will get ALOT of views
Quote Originally Posted by Physcadelic View Post
I honestly think notepads are about to become the new webbrowser of VB programming
That's not a good thing. And to be correct they would be the new webbrowser of "MPGH programming" I rarely see many webbrowsers on other forums.
Next Version, 3.0 futures.
I have a small list of what I'm planning on adding, which include:

  • Find/Replace dialog.
  • Word and Character Counter.
  • Advanced date/time inserting. (just click weekday, it will know what day it is.)
  • I will gather all the credits, and will give thanks to the right people.
  • A real check for updates will be added, not a blog for it.
  • I will also be adding a few more useful things, which I won't say...


I will test everything out first, if you'd like to be part of Beta Notes PM me (there will be 1 week that I will use it to make sure its fully functional)
Notes 3.0 is set to release February 3rd, 2011. Giving me tons of time to do it all, which time I won't really have in a week.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
This looks pretty awesome. Great job.
February 3rd?

Oh gawd.
Yes I know but I got lots of projects coming up so yeah I got little time to work on it lmao.


I'll have 3 websites (one is almost done though) and I still have school to keep up in, in about a week. So thats why such a long *** time.
Quote Originally Posted by Web-Designer View Post
Yes I know but I got lots of projects coming up so yeah I got little time to work on it lmao.


I'll have 3 websites (one is almost done though) and I still have school to keep up in, in about a week. So thats why such a long *** time.
But... you should be able to get all those features done in like... an hour or so. Find and replace is simple regex (or you dont even have to use RegEx!). Char/word counter is a 5 minute job. Advanced DateTime probably wouldn't take too long (not sure what you're doing with it). So yeah, don't be lazy
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


But... you should be able to get all those features done in like... an hour or so. Find and replace is simple regex (or you dont even have to use RegEx!). Char/word counter is a 5 minute job. Advanced DateTime probably wouldn't take too long (not sure what you're doing with it). So yeah, don't be lazy
Well its new to me so I have to do research and then do it, and then make it look good and all that then I'm gonna use it for a week to make sure its even better then notepad so yeah...see how it goes...Plus I'm messing with some other programs right now.

Such as Computer Control add users, encrypt files, view file information and I came up with some other stuff to add to it, so yeah.

(again yeah it wont take THAT long BUT I'm new to it and I like to take my time)
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


But... you should be able to get all those features done in like... an hour or so. Find and replace is simple regex (or you dont even have to use RegEx!). Char/word counter is a 5 minute job. Advanced DateTime probably wouldn't take too long (not sure what you're doing with it). So yeah, don't be lazy
Yeah they're pretty easy.

Char is
Code:
LABELNAME.Text = ("Characters: " & Conversions.ToString(RichTextBox1.TextLength))
and Word count is
Code:
Dim x As Integer = System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches(RichTextBox1.Text, "\w+").Count() 
LABELNAME.Text = ("Words: " & Conversions.ToString(x))
I don't know the rest by heart.
NOTE: It might contain typos
Quote Originally Posted by meeeeeeeeee View Post
Yeah they're pretty easy.

Char is
Code:
LABELNAME.Text = ("Characters: " & Conversions.ToString(RichTextBox1.TextLength))
and Word count is
Code:
Dim x As Integer = System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches(RichTextBox1.Text, "\w+").Count() 
LABELNAME.Text = ("Words: " & Conversions.ToString(x))
I don't know the rest by heart.
NOTE: It might contain typos
Well, the word count is pre inaccurate lulz, but close enough. Don't need all this conversions.ToString bullsheet though, just slap a ".ToString" on the end and she'll be right.

But the point was for him to figure it out, not be spoonfed...guess that went out the window.
Wordcount is fairly easy ^w^
Looks good, keep it up.
All I can think now to add is a Splash Screen (for that professional look) and maybe a tabcontrol. Tabcontrol isn't really needed though.
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us