[Tool Request]AS Version Determiner Request

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
[Tool Request]AS Version Determiner Request
Can anyone make a quick tool to check the ActionScript version of a SWF. I read it was like the first four bytes:

flash - How can the actionscript version of a swf file be determined in C#? - Stack Overflow

Also, if you know how, perhaps a tool to check if the swf file is encrypted (more like obfuscated, rename variables and all that, etc), but it's not really necessary at the moment, just need a version checker without manually looking at the code.


-----------------------

Nevermind, the swf version is in hexadecimal in the 4th byte. The actionscript version is in the file attributes tag.
Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
Can anyone make a quick tool to check the ActionScript version of a SWF. I read it was like the first four bytes:

flash - How can the actionscript version of a swf file be determined in C#? - Stack Overflow

Also, if you know how, perhaps a tool to check if the swf file is encrypted (more like obfuscated, rename variables and all that, etc), but it's not really necessary at the moment, just need a version checker without manually looking at the code.


-----------------------

Nevermind, the swf version is in hexadecimal in the 4th byte. The actionscript version is in the file attributes tag.
thats c# btw, not vb
Quote Originally Posted by mnpeepno2 View Post
thats c# btw, not vb
I'm pretty sure he knows that.. But giving a reference to VB with C# is not bad at all.. It's almost the same. And can be perfectly used as a guide/help.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
I'm pretty sure he knows that.. But giving a reference to VB with C# is not bad at all.. It's almost the same. And can be perfectly used as a guide/help.
yes i know, but this is not the c# section, you see.
Yes, we know, but I think he wants it written in VB.

C# is pretty much the same as VB.
[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="2"]
Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

-----------------------

Nevermind, the swf version is in hexadecimal in the 4th byte. The actionscript version is in the file attributes tag.


So does this mean you don't need someone to do this now?
[php]Dim ASVersion() as Byte
ASVersion = IO.File.ReadAllBytes("C:\test.swf")
Dim final as String
For i as Integer = 0 to 3
final = final & CharW(ASVersion(i))
Next
MsgBox(final)
[/php]

All that returns is CWS and a dot when I tried..
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
[php]Dim ASVersion() as Byte
ASVersion = IO.File.ReadAllBytes("C:\test.swf")
Dim final as String
For i as Integer = 0 to 3
final = final & CharW(ASVersion(i))
Next
MsgBox(final)
[/php]

First 4 bytes aren't actually the version.
Yeah, I realised involves decompression and crap to determine the final AS version. Not sure how to convert that to VB.NET since alot of it is pseudo code and I don't know any C#.

Oh and here is the modified version:
[php]Dim ASVersion() as Byte
ASVersion = IO.File.ReadAllBytes("C:\test.swf")
Dim final as String
For i as Integer = 0 to 2
final = final & CharW(ASVersion(i))
Next
final = final & CStr(ASVersion(3))
MsgBox(final) [/php]

Returns CWS or FWS followed by the SWF version. At least its some kind of a start.
Nevermind, it's pretty complicated.

Posted in VB because it'd be easier to make an app then C#. And VB is more popular.
Well if you still need it, I'll see what I can do.
I got this, Give me an hour
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
I got this, Give me an hour
I made it yesterday. But he doesn't want it anymore. He moved to php !!
yeah I know, I talked to him, I may need to use some java but I should be able to pull it off in PHP. Just have to figure it out, though proficient, PHP is not one of my languages, I may write it in VB or C# and convert it the best I can with JSC and figure out where it breaks and fix it, unless you want to do the conversion, just use JSC , it's pretty accurate.
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us