Graphics card help

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Graphics card help
So im having problem with my graphics card.
I have a dell dimension E520
I recently purchased a 512mb EVGA geforce 210 2.0
my motherboard is 1.0
Heard that 2.0 was backward compatible.
But it did not work.
I get no signal thrue the VGA cable.
Any ideas?

Here are my specs.
intel core 2 quad q6600
Ram: 8gb
PSU:800 watts
Video: Integrated
Slots. Pci express x16
Use a DVI/ buy a 7900 GTX. (:<
You have to go into bios to fix this.

I can't guide you through it because I haven't done it in a loooonnnggg time, but there is a setting somewhere you have to set to 'PCI-Express' or 'PCI-Express VGA'.


It could also be that it doesn't support the PCI type.

"• Two PCI card slots
• One PCI Express x16 card slot
• One PCI Express x1 card slot"
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...n/NH730A01.pdf
Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
You have to go into bios to fix this.

I can't guide you through it because I haven't done it in a loooonnnggg time, but there is a setting somewhere you have to set to 'PCI-Express' or 'PCI-Express VGA'.


It could also be that it doesn't support the PCI type.

"• Two PCI card slots
• One PCI Express x16 card slot
• One PCI Express x1 card slot"
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...n/NH730A01.pdf

I tried that but no go
got some more info i installed the graphic card.
i plugged the VGA cable into the onboard VGA
and it boots but doesnt let me get into BIOS
a pop out says a display adapter has been added please turn off computer connect VGA cable or adapter to the PEG slot retarst.
did that but no VIDEO pops out.
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us