Useful Functions

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Useful Functions
In your opinion, what are some useful functions? Don't post the code, just the function name and what it would do.
Example: Screenshot function.
We have a sticky at the top of the page called the snippets vault. it's full of useful functions so go check it out
Quote Originally Posted by Imported View Post
We have a sticky at the top of the page called the snippets vault. it's full of useful functions so go check it out
First thing I checked. Not really the snippets I'm looking for.
Quote Originally Posted by Iamazn1 View Post
First thing I checked. Not really the snippets I'm looking for.
Well how are we supposed to know what snippets you're looking for lol, you just said does anyone know some useful functions.

If you want a screenshot function I'll write you one:

[php]
Private Sub TakeScreenShot(ByVal savelocation As String)
Dim screenshot As New Bitmap(My.Computer.Screen.Bounds.Width, My.Computer.Screen.Bounds.Height)
Using g = Graphics.FromImage(screenshot)
g.CopyFromScreen(New Point(0, 0), Point.Empty, screenshot.Size)
End Using
screenshot.Save(savelocation)
End Sub
[/php]

[php]
TakeScreenShot("C:\Example\Test.png")
[/php]
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


Well how are we supposed to know what snippets you're looking for lol, you just said does anyone know some useful functions.

If you want a screenshot function I'll write you one:

[php]
Private Sub TakeScreenShot(ByVal savelocation As String)
Dim screenshot As New Bitmap(My.Computer.Screen.Bounds.Width, My.Computer.Screen.Bounds.Height)
Using g = Graphics.FromImage(screenshot)
g.CopyFromScreen(New Point(0, 0), Point.Empty, screenshot.Size)
End Using
screenshot.Save(savelocation)
End Sub
[/php]

[php]
TakeScreenShot("C:\Example\Test.png")
[/php]
Screenshot was just an example of a "useful" function.
hes just asking ppl what functions they like and use the most pretty much lol
Quote Originally Posted by Qizzle15401 View Post
hes just asking ppl what functions they like and use the most pretty much lol
And i suggested snippets vault, don't look at the first post necessarily, but the replies too. If you need a particular snippet, ask for it there or make a thread.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?