How to Run Combat Arms directly

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
How to Run Combat Arms directly
Hello MPGH users today I will be showing you lazy peoples how to run CA from your desktop in 4 simple steps

1. Locate your Combat Arms shortcut.
2. Right click, and hit "Properties"
3. Go to Shortcut then locate your "Target's" Box text and highlight it
4. Change "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\CombatArms.exe" to "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\CombatArms_Direct.exe"

Thank me if this saved you the trouble of going to the website and starting CA
Approveddddddddddddddddd
I prefer to use engine.exe directly, that way I don't have to DL ads and click the start button that pops up. But of course you need to add a whole lot more than just where it is to the shortcut if you want it to work.
Quote Originally Posted by Drigien View Post
I prefer to use engine.exe directly, that way I don't have to DL ads and click the start button that pops up. But of course you need to add a whole lot more than just where it is to the shortcut if you want it to work.
i use this too
i made shortcut to Engine.exe and changed name to CombatArms then put it in my gamebox (gamebooster)
it werks GRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!
im tony the tiger
Or you could make a shortcut from Combat arms Direct...
Quote Originally Posted by Based God View Post
Or you could make a shortcut from Combat arms Direct...
When I run CombatArms_Direct.exe I get:


Which involves clicking start, waiting for it to load, and then manually login.

Where as I have a shortcut to engine.exe that boots into the game and logs in for me. It should be very similar (if not the same) shortcut as what gets called from the web launcher.
Jabuuty, why you approve it got leeched without credit?
what does engine.exe do? never tried it always booted from site or used combatarms_direct...
Quote Originally Posted by Jenkees View Post
what does engine.exe do? never tried it always booted from site or used combatarms_direct...
CombatArms_Direct.exe is basically starts up Engine.exe
Engine.exe is the whole game.
Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post
CombatArms_Direct.exe is basically starts up Engine.exe
Engine.exe is the whole game.
strange because when I start engine.exe, it boots up but doesn't go to loading page and nothing happens o.O
Quote Originally Posted by Jenkees View Post
strange because when I start engine.exe, it boots up but doesn't go to loading page and nothing happens o.O
That is because engine.exe needs arguments (like rez files and server ip) to know where to look for things.

Here are some of the things that can be passed as arguments (Note: that these are NOT the argument names):
  • Rez Files
  • Server IP
  • Server Port
  • Room
  • Version
  • Title
  • User
  • Password
  • ...
yea i prefer the website but if i dont fell like doing it ill use direct
Thank you so much
I got in JUST before the week I hope. Well, I tried the autostart way with warrock (create a shortcut to engine.exe and rename the shortcut from "C:\Combat Arms\Engine" to "C:\Combat Arms\Engine" -english

But it doesn't work
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

Need help?