[Help]MySQL Server

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
[Help]MySQL Server
I wanted to do a MySQL thing, but the only problem is:

Where do i go for a MySQL?

How do i make one there?

Does it cost?

I did look at the tutorials sticky, none. The one, is just for the fuckin connecting. I saw one before, but i lost it.

I am finally wanting to start a server but i can't. Please help me.

And sorry about all the help questions
SQL is free. Download it from the internet. (Google MySQLd or MySQL download).
pfft. I hate google. They bring up fake serches. Thats why i use Bing.

And you'll learn what it means in time if you don't.


Either way, im not a good searcher.
SQlite ftw.

@ purez, Google lands fake results?

Google Results for "Sqlite"
Google

Bing Results for "Sqlite"
sqlite - Bing

Almost Identical, they index the same page, really it's a matter of "interests" , Bing claims to be the smarter search engine, but I don't think so.

But this isn't a convo about Search engines, to each his own.
I don't want to be searching all the time, im too fucking worn down from coding today. I'm going to bed, replys will be great, and don't make me search.

-Good night, from America.
If you installed VS2008 or 2010 you already have MSSql , if you don't or installed VB2008 express not complete VS then download MSSQL server http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/

As far as creating SQL databases there are many ways.

You can create a SQL database on a linux based or windows based server using Cpanel (or the control panel installed)

You can add MSsql databases using IIS on a server.

You can make MSSQL databases using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. (part of MSSQL server express)

And many other ways, including actual SQL language and command prompt.

The choice is yours, as far as populating information, I believe you said you read some tuts, to that aspect it is easy, you can use tables in a application, or add from whatever components you want.

The choice is yours.
I don't think he's into buying a root server and/or host a mysql database 24/7 with his own pc. If you google "free mysql", you will find enough results...

x10hosting f.e...
Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
I don't think he's into buying a root server and/or host a mysql database 24/7 with his own pc. If you google "free mysql", you will find enough results...

x10hosting f.e...
I pay $60 a year for my site, $5 a month seems alright to me...
Now we are assuming he wants a online database, maybe he wants the database to be a local one .

@ OP, knowing that can help as well, however @ Blubb, I did suggest Cpanel on a webhost
try x10hosting.com for free or buy if u want cheap you can buy from serverdome their coupon is
Code:
50OFF
, when i get my server in a few days i will be selling hosting for like 1$ a month =)
Or follow the hostgator advertisement here at MPGH and save now!

:whistles:

or just get a free host, Like Blubb said,if you are using if for storage and DB only, then there is no need for paying anything.

And Mpeeper , what is your website?
yea Just dont use 000webhost if your going to be accessing it via Vb.net program it will give you a ton of problems later on in life!

i learned that from experince
No need to spam the forum.
after you get acess to your Cpanel look for mysql database wizard and click it. if you need to they have a video tutorial on how to use it.
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us