[HELP]Help with VBS scripts[Solved]

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
[HELP]Help with VBS scripts[Solved]
Okay so basic info

Problem: I tried to run a .VBS (visual basic script) and I get this error "There is no scriptengine for the file extension ".vbs".

What I have done so far : I have used the search button and tried to google many diffrent things but I cant find any souloution.

I was going to post this in the help section, but since it is VB I figured I should post it here.

Thanks if you took the time to help me

~ spectre
Try to ask on the Microsoft forums there should be a answer, maybe the problem is on your PC...
TV, if you want me to do it for you.

  • Start --->Run---Regedit
  • Navigate (on left) to Hkey_Classes_Root
  • Scroll down until you see "VBSFile" (not .VBS), It is in alphabetical order, keeping in mind the "." comes before "a" so continue past all the "." till you see the first work that starts with "a" then scroll down until you see 'VBSFile" (if it is not there, let me know)
  • (if it is not already there) Right click on "VBSFile" and click New--> Key, call the new key "ScriptEngine" (case matters) .
  • Double Click the newly created (if it wasn't there) "ScriptEngine" key (folder icon)
  • then Right click in the blank area to the right (where the tables are that say , Name, Type, Data) click new--->key , Value will be "VBScript" (again, case matters)
  • Right click on the folder on the left again (VBSFile Key) (if it is not there) create a "ScriptHostEncode" Key (folder)
  • On the right, double click the default value and add "{85131631-480C-11D2-B1F9-00C04F86C324}" as the value data
  • Now on the right again , rigth click on the VBSfile key Create a "ShellEx" Key
  • Now Create a "PropertySheetHandlers" Key under ShellEx (what I mean is a new folder,so right click)
  • Now Create a "WSHProps" Key under PropertySheetHandlers (again, a new folder)
  • Double click the default key on the right side in WSHProps and add this value "{60254CA5-953B-11CF-8C96-00AA00B8708C}"
It works now. If you have the same problem follow NextGen1´s steps
Marked solved.

Unless something happens & it is < 7 days.
No need to post here.
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us