PostHelp with C++?

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Help with C++?
So I was wanting to learn C++ (on my own time, I have school to attend) and I have quite a large PDF file that reviews basics, although I haven't gotten very far in it. I was wondering if someone could give me a block of code for CodeBlocks (.cpp file) that I could look at for reference. I don't intend to compile anything out of it (don't know how yet) or redistribute it, but I'd like to have something to look at for shitz and giggles if anyone is willing to let go of a non-malignant block of coding. Don't care how complex it is, the more to look at, the more use it could be, but I don't really need something like a "Hello World!" program. lmao

I'd much appreciate it (if it's allowed)
~Officer Luficer

Edit: If you don't like codeblock, and would suggest another program for C++ manip, I'm open for suggestions. Had some issues with netbeans and something else, and I'm running Windows, so I don't see myself using any Linux software either.
Hi there,

This section belongs to combat arms help only, but we do have a coding section for the common languages. I suggest you to code there and tons of smart guy will be there to help you.
So would that be in the CA General forum? I kinda thought this might be the wrong forum, but not much for self-incrimination.
No, remember that CA is Combat Arms, also in general nobody know C++.

If you browse on the forum you will find a C++ section.
as much as i'd love to...it's better for you to just keep making threads and asking for help around this section :3

In my opinion the best way to learn is to try your best to understand the concept without looking at the example, then trying it yourself, then looking at the example, and THEN asking questions. There's always someone here to assist

Seriously though don't get tempted to look at examples.. it wont hurt you too much but if you sort of understand a concept and look at an example you're tempted to just move on thinking you have a good enough understanding... and you forget it later.

EDIT: and js, i prefer visual studio. That's just my personal opinion though i wouldnt wanna push u into something too advanced... it took me a week to figure out how to compile my code.
Thanks. I had VS 2010 Express (I think that's what it was called, some free version) but I couldn't get it into a mode for C++ quite like CodeBlocks did (with the prediction and colors and shizz), so I wasn't sure if VS was just for C++ or several coding languages. And I don't know if it has the simple "Build and Run" option. I have some examples in the .PDF that are really simple (such as the "Hello World" cout thing and getting into loops, countdowns). So I reckon I'll keep going on this path. Thanks though.
Quote Originally Posted by luficer View Post
Thanks. I had VS 2010 Express (I think that's what it was called, some free version) but I couldn't get it into a mode for C++ quite like CodeBlocks did (with the prediction and colors and shizz), so I wasn't sure if VS was just for C++ or several coding languages. And I don't know if it has the simple "Build and Run" option. I have some examples in the .PDF that are really simple (such as the "Hello World" cout thing and getting into loops, countdowns). So I reckon I'll keep going on this path. Thanks though.
np, just a suggestion.

But yeah, it's for a bunch of different languages and application types.

and the "Build and Run" option is ctrl-f5 .
Sneaky stuff! lmao. f5, I woulda never guessed....
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us