Pointers and Offsets

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Pointers and Offsets
If I find them, how do I implement them into my C++ code?
It sounds like a stupid question but im serious I wanna learn.

Also what is the difference between a pointer and an offset?
Like so:

Say you have a multi level pointer.

Using this as an example:

Code:
DWORD Address = *(DWORD*)(*(DWORD*)(*(DWORD*)(*(DWORD*)(*(DWORD*)(ModuleBase+Pointer)+Offset1)+Offset2)+Offset3)+Offset4)+Offset5;
Say you wanted to modify it.

For this example, I'll be casting it to an int:

Code:
*(int*)Address = 99;
Have you ever worked with pointers without the objective of hacking? If not i advice you to. Because if you don't know what a pointer is (The most important thing in Unamanged Code IMO), you are doing it wrong.
Well, I have worked with pointers before. My questions is how do I implement it into a hack? I mean a simple hack to not something too complex.

Maybe like recording over the score in a pinball or minesweeper game.
Quote Originally Posted by aanthonyz View Post
Well, I have worked with pointers before. My questions is how do I implement it into a hack? I mean a simple hack to not something too complex.

Maybe like recording over the score in a pinball or minesweeper game.
a pointer points to somewhere in the memory. If you manage to find what place in memory has the score (for example), you point to that place, and change its content (the score).
here u go buddy
[url]http://www.free
webs
.com/unrealapps/tutorials/cplusplus/trainer.html



this tutorial was not made by me it was made by unreal pwner
I know that, I mean what would the actual code be?
Quote Originally Posted by aanthonyz View Post
I know that, I mean what would the actual code be?
You'd be able to answer this yourself if you knew how pointers work.
Oh. I guess I dont know sorry for the trouble.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?