[Help] Associating file extension with program? [solved]

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
[Help] Associating file extension with program? [solved]
How would i associate a file extension with my program. I'm making a batch file creator and want to associate the custom save file extension .vlab with my program. So that it gets the same icon as my program and says "Batch-Creator save file" in the file description. Any idea how to do this? Pretty sure it has something to do with the registry

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185453
Tried that and got an error
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Gimme a few secs to dig up the link I found a while ago for someone.

Found it:
File Association in VB.NET - CodeProject
Thanks worked with some editing. Any idea how to change the icon? i have this atm:
Code:
My.Computer.Registry.ClassesRoot.CreateSubKey("VLAB\DefaultIcon").SetValue("", Application.ExecutablePath, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.String)
Edit: Working
VISUAL BASIC,

Y U NO INCLUDE "UNSAFE" CODE?
Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
VISUAL BASIC,

Y U NO INCLUDE "UNSAFE" CODE?
Why you no spell correctly?

Ontopic: I was trying the same thing before with no luck please let me know if you find out
The code i posted before worked, just had too restart my PC
Alrighty, sounds good. I'll go right ahead and mark this as solved. GG
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?