[VB.NET]INI Tutorials 0
0 is like the index. This is the first tut, I'm gonna make more if I find time...
Well now I will show ya how to use a .ini (Configuration File) instead of the Settings. In this case to be honest Settings are better but since this is something that you should know I wanted to get this here.
I'm gonna assume that u know the basics, else go learn them.
Well start with making a normal form...Call it whatever u want.
Add:
1 TextBox
1 Label
1 Button
We need a function to read and write into a specific line in the file...I'm gonna use:
Funcs are not mine, read the credits. 
Well now we need a .INI file in the start up path of the app. Make it and name it "settings.ini".
Make the ini code:
Create a new sub, variable and make it like this:
The functions are now done.
Let's start with the Double-Clicking....
D. Click on the form...
Make the code...
On the button...
Hope you got the main idea of this 
Credits:
Blubb1337 - Write Function
Me - Main concept
A dude from the WWW - Read function (Can't remember his name)
Well enjoy =)
Well now I will show ya how to use a .ini (Configuration File) instead of the Settings. In this case to be honest Settings are better but since this is something that you should know I wanted to get this here.

I'm gonna assume that u know the basics, else go learn them.
Well start with making a normal form...Call it whatever u want.
Add:
1 TextBox
1 Label
1 Button
We need a function to read and write into a specific line in the file...I'm gonna use:
Code:
To write:
Public Sub ReplaceText(ByVal FileName As String, ByVal StartStr As String, ByVal ReplaceWith As String)
Dim oldValue As String = ""
Dim str As String = ""
If File.Exists(FileName) Then
Using reader As StreamReader = New StreamReader(FileName)
Do While Not reader.EndOfStream
oldValue = reader.ReadLine
If oldValue.Trim.ToLower.Contains(StartStr.Trim.ToLower) Then
oldValue = oldValue.Replace(oldValue, ReplaceWith)
End If
str = (str & oldValue & ChrW(13) & ChrW(10))
Loop
End Using
Using writer As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter(FileName, False)
writer.Write(str)
End Using
End If
End Sub
To read:
Public Function ReadSpecifiedLine(ByVal file As String, ByVal lineNum As Integer) As String
Dim contents As String = String.Empty
Try
Using stream As New StreamReader(file)
contents = stream.ReadToEnd().Replace(vbCr & vbLf, vbLf).Replace(vbLf & vbCr, vbLf)
Dim linesArray As String() = contents.Split(New Char() {ControlChars.Lf})
If linesArray.Length > 1 Then
If Not lineNum > linesArray.Length AndAlso Not lineNum < 0 Then
Return (linesArray(lineNum))
Else
Return (linesArray(0))
End If
Else
Return (contents)
End If
End Using
Catch ex As Exception
Return (ex.ToString())
End Try
End Function

Well now we need a .INI file in the start up path of the app. Make it and name it "settings.ini".
Make the ini code:
Code:
Language = English ;The language of the program
Code:
Public Lang As String = ReadSpecificLine(CurDir() & "\settings.ini", 0).Replace("Language = ", "") 'This variable will hold our current language name
Public Sub GetLanguage()
'easy if stat.
If Lang = "English" Then _
Label1.Text = "My name is Elio"
If Lang = "Italian" Then Label1.Text = "Il mio nome e Elio" 'I can't write very good on italian and english too btw :p
End Sub
Public Sub SetLanguage()
ReplaceText(CurDir() & "\settings.ini", "Language =", "Language = " & TextBox1.Text) 'Replaces the current language with an other
'Recommended: Make a List/Array of strings which contains the supported languages to set, to make sure that while the run-time the app. will never crash.
End Sub
Let's start with the Double-Clicking....
D. Click on the form...
Make the code...
Code:
GetLanguage()
Code:
SetLanguage()

Credits:
Blubb1337 - Write Function
Me - Main concept
A dude from the WWW - Read function (Can't remember his name)
Well enjoy =)
