[Release] fixBSOD

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
[Release] fixBSOD
Basically, this program fixes most BSOD's caused by system errors and viruses (rootkits, bootkits, corrupt mbr, etc.) I was inspired to create this by the lack of programs doing this on the internet. (and I had a bsod a few days ago).

Screenshot:


Virus scan:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanre...e1318a9e7d2347
http://virscan.org/report/1918b9fcc6...0c918271c.html

This requires NO internet connection. All the files you need to fix the Blue Screen Of Death are included in the one .exe file.

PLEASE, approve this!
What is the "default" for the MBR? |:

You might want to explain what these abbreviations mean - SFC?

TDSS isn't most common.

And what's hitman pro? :/
Master boot record.

Sfc repairs core windows files (after checking if they are valid/not).

It isn't?

Hitman pro = 5 AV's in one

LOL, did I really put kaspersky lags?
Scan the zip not the exe, and if you're only going to put 1 scan, make it from VT...Jottis only has 19 scanners while VT has 39-42.

Can't approve til then.
Quote Originally Posted by user782106 View Post
Master boot record.

Sfc repairs core windows files (after checking if they are valid/not).

It isn't?

Hitman pro = 5 AV's in one

LOL, did I really put kaspersky lags?
You kinda screwed up the order (and thus the content) of my questions :/

Please number your answers =)
1. What is the "default" MBR? I'd really like to know this because I never knew a "default" MBR existed (other than a blank MBR..)
2. What is this "SFC"? (you've told me what it does, but what is it?)
How exactly does this repair the MBR without the use of a Windows disc or recovery console?
The MBR is restored to a system default. Don't ask me, ask geekstogo.com. All I know is that this worked for me-and probably more users.

I'll get on it..

Sfc is a windows command that checks for the validity of core system files and repairs them if the validity <> 100.

I added a virscan.org scan... I'd rather not scan the zip as it takes forever to upload.. -.-

But whatever...
Quote Originally Posted by user782106 View Post
The MBR is restored to a system default. Don't ask me, ask geekstogo.com. All I know is that this worked for me-and probably more users.

I'll get on it..

Sfc is a windows command that checks for the validity of core system files and repairs them if the validity <> 100.

I added a virscan.org scan... I'd rather not scan the zip as it takes forever to upload.. -.-

But whatever...
Um, scanning the zip is mandatory. Scanning the .exe doesn't verify diddly shit if the rest of the zip contains virus files lol. It's your call.
Quote Originally Posted by user782106 View Post
I'd rather not scan the zip as it takes forever to upload.. -.-
I just read that...

No need to get all butthurt.
Jason, I already scanned the zip..... if you would take some time to look at the virus scans you would see it -.-
@Jason

Why don't you approve it then?!..

Jason, i updated the file. & added Descriptions and Steps and Spelling fixes.
Quote Originally Posted by user782106 View Post
@Jason

Why don't you approve it then?!..

Jason, i updated the file. & added Descriptions and Steps and Spelling fixes.
'Cos it was 4am at the time, I was pretty intoxicated and I passed out?

I'll look at it now.
Not approved

Reason: Resources contain exe's that can not be de-compiled or verified and some come from third parties also, your Application does not seem to back up the MBR first, which can be a issue later.

If you get a BSOD , 98% of the time it can be fixed with a Recovery Console, FixBoot and ChkDsk , pretty much does the trick all the time, unless it's a virus, in which case, recovery console and command prompt removal of the folder, or drivers, then recovery console as well.

Easy anyway.
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?