Minecraft mod Help
hello mpgh community this is my first post and I am having a problem when installing minecraft mods.
when i go to the jar file of minecraft (minecraft.jar) I install a mod (ea minecolony) once i have it installed i make sure that the META-INF file is deleted. when i delete the meta inf file i get black screen and when I still have the meta inf file in the Minecraft.jar file i can play but the mod does not funtion. This has only happened with the torrented versions from thepiratebay.org like beta version 1.3_01 and the newest 1.4 beta. in general the mod does not funtion when i use a cracked version so i do not know what to do, if someone could please give me some help i would appreciate the help very much. I am also not very sure if i posted this in the correct place of the minecraft forums. also a little side note, i have used minecraft mod manager and im going to try TFC today to see if i can get the mods to work.
when i go to the jar file of minecraft (minecraft.jar) I install a mod (ea minecolony) once i have it installed i make sure that the META-INF file is deleted. when i delete the meta inf file i get black screen and when I still have the meta inf file in the Minecraft.jar file i can play but the mod does not funtion. This has only happened with the torrented versions from thepiratebay.org like beta version 1.3_01 and the newest 1.4 beta. in general the mod does not funtion when i use a cracked version so i do not know what to do, if someone could please give me some help i would appreciate the help very much. I am also not very sure if i posted this in the correct place of the minecraft forums. also a little side note, i have used minecraft mod manager and im going to try TFC today to see if i can get the mods to work.