DirectX
Hi,
I have Diablo II, and it was working fine on my old PC. THEN I tried downloading it on my NEW laptop, Toshiba Satellite, with newly re-installed Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1. I run the "Video Test" And I get the following error:
I have files for DirectX (I think...) in 'C:\WINDOWS\system32'. There's a DirectX folder at: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\DirectX\Dinput', but all it has is pictures and notepad files (the first file is 'actc094', and the the files are all a picture of a notepad with symbol to the right: a bronze-colored gear/cog with a grey-colored pole (to put it simply) sticking out of the top of the cog) I don't know what files I need but I believe these have something to do with it: 'ddraw.dll' & 'ddrawex.dll'.
Any help is appreciated & thanks in advance,
Wruoa
PS. Sorry for so many computer problem-related threads, but I know next-to-nothing about computers...
I have Diablo II, and it was working fine on my old PC. THEN I tried downloading it on my NEW laptop, Toshiba Satellite, with newly re-installed Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1. I run the "Video Test" And I get the following error:
THIS COMPUTER CANNOT RUN Diablo II !
Video Test did not detect any useable video modes.
Please update your system software as follows:
On Windows 95, 98, or 2000:
1) Install DirectX 6.1a or newer (DirectX 7a is included with this CD)
2) Install current video drivers matching the version of DirectX you have installed.
In all situations, reboot your computer after installing new system software. After you have completed these steps, run the Video Test (in the Options Section) again.
Video Test did not detect any useable video modes.
Please update your system software as follows:
On Windows 95, 98, or 2000:
1) Install DirectX 6.1a or newer (DirectX 7a is included with this CD)
2) Install current video drivers matching the version of DirectX you have installed.
In all situations, reboot your computer after installing new system software. After you have completed these steps, run the Video Test (in the Options Section) again.
Any help is appreciated & thanks in advance,
Wruoa
PS. Sorry for so many computer problem-related threads, but I know next-to-nothing about computers...


(should be an option to upload / publish them or something).