Hell_Demon Console Problem

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
Hell_Demon Console Problem
I'm currently getting this:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click... bla blah blah.

Access to the path 'C:\VDC.txt' is denied.

I'm running the game in admin. also logged into my computer as admin. It was working earlier till I got this STUPID rogueware attack before work, called WindowsRecovery. Damn thing locked me out of my hard drive turned everything into hidden files and etc. making up junk about my hard drive not working or responding. (jeez these rougewares are getting more advanced)

I got it all changed back over and back to normal. However, I think it messed something up. I'm guessing I'm going to have to reinstall in the end. I just want to know if there's anything I can do first before I go through the trouble. I hate reinstalling applications.
Well, all I can tell you is that if you have the recovery mode with the date select option you can just choose a date in the computers past week-lifetime and make the whole system go back to the time where there weren't problems ; make sure you have two accounts in your computer because if you get a virus in your main account then it won't let you do anything , so then you can simply log in the other one and reset it all from there.

Hope I helped
Yes, this was after a recovery. I figured it out though. I removed the .txt file that was there. The program vanished when I restored and I had to unrar it again. That's when I got the error. So I went looking for the .txt and deleted it and that fixed everything. Apparently I had the application running when I got the rougeware

So hopefully in future reference when someone has the same problem, running in administrator. They'll know to find VDC.txt and delete it

Thank you for the response. =)
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us